PDA

View Full Version : DSA Oversized safety

Jack Russell
December 22, 2008, 11:49
Anyone have any experience with DSA's Extended safeties? Any info welcomed.

Randall
December 22, 2008, 12:14
If you're referring the semi only L1A1 style switch, I have one. It's fat, easy to get your thumb on, and doesn't allow travel to the full auto position. It's very ergonomic. I like it.
Randy

Jack Russell
December 22, 2008, 15:15
Thanks for the heads up.

phillip
December 22, 2008, 19:11
I love mine. Go buy one. No, Buy two. NOW!!!:D

DYNOMIKE
December 22, 2008, 19:46
I have installed a couple of these parts and like them a lot..
Moving the selector W/Out moving my grip is great but it's also a quality made part that adds a nice touch to the builds....

mojo_matic
December 22, 2008, 19:57
HIGHLY recommended.

gearlogo
December 22, 2008, 20:03
you can chop up an inch selector to make one. Or.... gasp... knock the stop pin out of your lower and use an inch version as is.

brownknees
December 22, 2008, 20:10
I found it a little too big A couple of times I accidentally nudged it & the rifle went "safe". The lever didn't move far, so it looked like it was set to "fire". It took a few minutes to figure out what had happened.
I ended up going the modified inch route as it's not as deep as the DSA, but just as easy to manipulate.

rcnpthfndr
December 24, 2008, 19:32
i use one on my 3 gun FAL. i really like it, but it can be easy to trip to safe. dry fire drills and working the safety eliminated me tripping it.

keiser
December 25, 2008, 21:32
Only way to go. You will never go back.

Hot Diggity
December 25, 2008, 22:45
Love it. I can't tell if the detent spring is a little lighter than the original, or just the added size and better position of the lever makes it easier to manipulate. Whichever it is, it makes a pleasant to shoot rifle even more pleasant.

As an added benefit, it won't allow the selector to rotate to the 'A' position, so it prevents hammer follow and a stoppage for you. It'll also take the wind out of any FUDD's sails who gets worried about your selector "switch."

HD

whiskey1
January 04, 2009, 10:39
What's involved in installing one these safety's?

brownknees
January 04, 2009, 13:50
Originally posted by whiskey1
What's involved in installing one these safety's?
Very simple to do. An "Angry Beaver" could do it with no tools.
Unload & break open rifle.
Rotate existing safety to 90 degrees UP (Thats why you need to open the rifle)
PULL! There is a little lug that matches up with a cut in the reciever, so wiggle slightly as you pull. If with a little wiggling it doesn't come out there *may* be a pin thru the shaft inside the reciever, just remove the pin & carry on.
:biggrin:

Insert new safety
rotate down to safe.
Re-assemble & test for function.
(It akes about 5 minutes to do.)
Oh yes I lied:uhoh: you might need a nedle nose plier if you have to remove the pin.:]

whiskey1
January 04, 2009, 18:37
Thanks BK, I'm ordering it tonight!

whiskey1
January 07, 2009, 21:06
Installed one tonight... two minutes flat!

I dig it.

Thanks for the help.