PDA

View Full Version : gripe

denny
December 18, 2008, 16:28
It sure would be nice if these guys correct their post when a sale has occoured.
It really takes nothing to add a SPF at least on the title.
D.

nwobhm
December 18, 2008, 21:27
It would be nice if they left the price paid too.

Blaster
December 19, 2008, 12:55
Originally posted by nwobhm

Yes, dang good point. When we want to check to see what a certain item sold for (or what the asking price was or an approximate value) weeks or months down the line, we could at least see the posted price. Don't know why so many FALers selling their stuff just don't leave the price in their post ALONG with the SPF notation.

Pluribus
December 19, 2008, 14:29
Originally posted by Blaster

Yes, dang good point. When we want to check to see what a certain item sold for (or what the asking price was or an approximate value) weeks or months down the line, we could at least see the posted price. Don't know why so many FALers selling their stuff just don't leave the price in their post ALONG with the SPF notation.

Agree with y'all. It would definately cut down on the "what's my shat worth" threads so you could research for some precedence on pricing/value of an item you have, wish to sell or, buy (from another source)

English Mike
December 19, 2008, 19:21

There is a valid reason for not doing so:

Suppose the buyer of the item decides to resell it months or years later at a higher price & someone recalls it was previously sold here.
A few would get their knickers in a twist about "profiteering & price gouging."

Blaster
December 19, 2008, 20:45
Originally posted by ENGLISH MIKE

There is a valid reason for not doing so:

Suppose the buyer of the item decides to resell it months or years later at a higher price & someone recalls it was previously sold here.
A few would get their knickers in a twist about "profiteering & price gouging."

Mike, :shades: I wouldn't think that your reasoning would hold up here - IMHO. If the guy reselling the item wants to sell for a profit that's entirely his business and if someone doesn't like the new price, just don't buy the damn thing. Consider the raise in price due to all the extra handling of the item like sending for it, waiting for it and taking the risk of the item getting lost enroute and finally the potential hassle of posting it for sale, packaging and finally shiipping it. Or, it could be kinda like buying a case of Port a couple years ago for a couple hundred dollars here on the Market Place and now selling that same case for about five hundred dollars. Who is going to complain about that and they (the potential buyer) most likely will be well aware of what it was originally price at?
Finally if an FALer wants to sell an item but needs to see what it's worth, it's much easier to find a similar item recently posted for sale and how it was priced rather than make a new post in an effort to determine the price and get a ration of shit and jokes about that item. This is just the opinion of this know nothing old Fart.
:smile:

Blaster
December 20, 2008, 20:38
Hey E. Mikey.
You still awake over there??:beer:

instr8
December 30, 2008, 07:57
:shades:

Blaster
December 30, 2008, 14:43
English Mike = :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Slo cat
December 31, 2008, 08:30
Originally posted by nwobhm
Maybe the seller is afraid that the IRS is going to audit them to see if they paid tax on their profit on the sale. http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/steamer.gif

Blaster
December 31, 2008, 10:41
Originally posted by Slo cat

Maybe the seller is afraid that the IRS is going to audit them to see if they paid tax on their profit on the sale. http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/steamer.gif

Could be Mr. Slo cat but the IRS would have one hell of a time proving that there was really any profit involved in the "one time" or even the occasional transaction. Example - How many guys bought a German Luger or some other desirable gun years ago for a few hundred bucks, from someone not up on the current prices, and sold it for three or four times the original buying price. Think the IRS is going to get into the chase on that scenario? I doubt it. Anyhow, down in the Market Place, I still believe it'd be beneficial and certainly not harmful to just leave the asking price in the ad - wouldn't really have to leave the actual realized selling price. Hey, this is only the opinion of a OLD, apparently fairly inexperienced FALer.:)

G2
December 31, 2008, 23:34
2 very good points,
I hate seeing an item for sale only to open the thread page through all the crapola to find it is sold:redface:
Also, I leave my price when I sell something, just cause I too like to scan through to get an idea whats a fair price before listing it. Nothing worse than some knob flaming your post with...Are outta your freekin mind??? That's to much!!
Just my .02
G

Slo cat
December 31, 2008, 23:46

Think the IRS is going to get into the chase on that scenario? I doubt it. , this is only the opinion of a OLD, apparently fairly inexperienced FALer.:)

"I" don't think the IRS would bother. I am just speculating on what might be going on in those fearful minds who think they have to delete a selling price. They obviously have a consern about something, who knows what?

Best Regards,
Slo cat

AndyC
January 01, 2009, 12:21
It's up to the seller if he wants to leave the price up or not, but I agree on marking the title with "Sold" or "SPF".

Radio
January 01, 2009, 14:38
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/steamer.gif = I never took a shat that looked like it dropped out of a soft ice cream machine.

Or looked like a nicely coiled sausage. Have you??

NEVER MIND, I really don't want to know about your shats. Really.

Somebody with spare time on their hands should go through old Marketplace ads, say those more than six months old, and delete them IF there is no pricing information. In that case the thread is useless for pricing research and is otherwise just wasted space.

--Radio

L Haney
January 01, 2009, 16:47
I tried like hell to edit the title of one of my threads. Never found a hint of a control that would let me do it. But, I've always been a little behind the curve.

Slo cat
January 01, 2009, 17:12
Originally posted by Radio
[B
NEVER MIND, I really don't want to know about your shats. Really.
--Radio [/B]

How about this?

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ubb/graemlins/moon.gif

Best Regards,
Slo cat

Blaster
January 01, 2009, 21:03
Originally posted by Radio
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/steamer.gif
Somebody with spare time on their hands should go through old Marketplace ads, say those more than six months old, and delete them IF there is no pricing information. In that case the thread is useless for pricing research and is otherwise just wasted space.

--Radio

YES and it'll take someone with authority to delete posts made by others.....:bow: