PDA

View Full Version : M1 carbine

wheat
December 17, 2008, 21:55
Thinking about bidding on M1 carbine at CMP
I don't know know much about them, I just want one.
Any advice?

1MOR
December 17, 2008, 21:59
Why not just buy one? If they have any of the rack grades left, you would be very happy.

julysol
December 19, 2008, 12:57
Yup, just order a field or even a rack grade from CMP. I've been to the store twice and vertually all the carbines were in mechanically exc condition, 99% of the bores were sharp and shiney. I picked up 2, they cleaned up nice. Very few had any hint of frost. You might be able to request a non pot belly stock, I don''t know how they are on requests. I've only shopped at the store, not mail order.

M1FREDQ
December 19, 2008, 14:20
I would highly recommend ordering from CMP.
The carbines are the best around. Plus no import markings.
You can request a regular stock or the Pot-Belly. Because I have large hands the Pot Bellies work great for me!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Celtic warrior
December 19, 2008, 17:25
I will echo what the other guys said. When I bought mine last summer off of GB found a few issues with it, but not until I had it for three months.
Nothing horrible, but if I had it checked out earlier might've saved me some grief.

For whatever reason I didn't want to mess with the CMP purchase process, which in the long run would have saved me some $$ and a lot of BS grief.

Hence, the CMP's tend to be checked out throughly, and I've heard no (if any) complaints other than the waiting time.:cry: