PDA

View Full Version : wtk:missing pistol grip stud solution

wonderdog451
December 17, 2008, 20:28
I recently purchaed a imbel lower that is missing the pistol grip stem.I have seen threads on a solution ,but dont know where to buy the parts to fix it, can someone here direct me in the right direction? :bigangel:

wonderdog451
December 17, 2008, 21:30
upon further inspection , I also found out that the trigger plunger mount is also missing. does anyone know how I may remedy this?

Bentley8
December 17, 2008, 22:20
I believe gunpartsguy.com has the pistol grip stud you need. He might have a trigger plunger mount. Both are in L1A1 "Inch" parts section.

Scott V2
December 18, 2008, 10:58
I had mountainman make me a stud insert for a hinduminium para lower. John does nice work

wonderdog451
December 18, 2008, 11:42
could I just buy a l1a1 pistol grip instead of a new trigger plunger mount?

bykerhd
December 18, 2008, 11:56
You MIGHT be able to make an Inch pistolgrip work.
Personally, I doubt it without some MAJOR WECSOGing involved.
Is the stem broken off or out of the lower ?
It would be relatively easy to thread a piece of drill rod and have it welded in.

mountainman
December 18, 2008, 12:06
send me 4 bucks and I'll tap a screw for you and isend it your way. tell me which screw and what kind of tap and there is your PG nut.

elbo
December 18, 2008, 12:27
Originally posted by wonderdog451
could I just buy a l1a1 pistol grip instead of a new trigger plunger mount? I believe that the metric and inch grip mounting holes are at very different angles.
The trigger plunger support is also the piece that the trigger guard mounts against.

Stoney
December 18, 2008, 12:30
Put a washer on the screw and get it real tight, that will work.

Abominog
December 18, 2008, 22:12
Buy a new lower. Members here have about four billion extra ones laying around.

elbo
December 19, 2008, 12:18
The grip is easy. The problem will be the trigger return.
If you don't buy a different lower you'll have to fab and weld a new one to yours.

ce
December 19, 2008, 13:30
guaraprema is looking for a complete lower in marketplace, and since he is a reasonable man, he has set a price and expressed sincere interest.

Therefore, I will provide you with a complete Imbel lower, delivered to you, for $140

I have two, and they are slathered in grease, and in fabulous shape.
I'll pick you out the best one.

If you are dissatisfied upon delivery, I will come to your house and show you what the grease is for.

PM for details.

bykerhd
December 19, 2008, 14:51
If you offer to warm up that grease a bit first ce, you might find some takers among the degenerates down in DB.:wink:

Timber Wolf
December 20, 2008, 08:57
Originally posted by Abominog
Buy a new lower. Members here have about four billion extra ones laying around.

Four Billion? Extra? I have my share of course, but they are certainly NOT extra. I have real plans for each and every one. Really, just need to find the time.:rofl: :rofl: