PDA

View Full Version : Nice catch at NGD

Bucksarge
December 14, 2008, 17:19
Well spent a couple of hours walking around the last NGD, just over today. Managed to snag a very nice USGI M14 stock. Finally get to replace that fugly plastic stock that came with my Poly.

1811GNR
December 15, 2008, 00:15
WTH is the NGD?

Bryan 45
December 15, 2008, 10:11
National Gun Day, big show in Louisville KY a few times a year.

Bucksarge
December 15, 2008, 14:58
Yes, as Bryan said. Big is relative though. This was probably the smallest NGD I've ever been too. I remember back in the early 90s that show was really big, and with just about everything you could think of being in it. Now it seems the Knob Creek shoot has the best vendor area, by far.

Swampy
December 16, 2008, 07:32
Now it seems the Knob Creek shoot has the best vendor area, by far.

I take it you've never been to the semi-Annual Tulsa Gun show ??? :bow:

Imagine an Aircraft hangar.... big enough to hold half a dozen 747's and maybe a couple of C5-A's. The gun show does not take up the entire floor space.... but it takes up enough to boggle the mind when you walk in the door.

The first time I went to a Tulsa show I only had 2 hours to spend. All I did was do a fast walk down the aisles between tables scanning for a specific product, not stopping unless I saw something promising.

I'm guessing I got through about half the aisles before I had to leave.

Best,
Swampy

Garands forever

Bucksarge
December 16, 2008, 13:27
No, never been to the Tulsa show. When do they usually put the show on, as I have some close family in Tulsa. I think I've heard my cousin mention it, but he is more into woodworking and cars than guns (but he is pro-2nd).

Swampy
December 16, 2008, 15:06
I believe the Tulsa Wannamacher shows are in April and October.

Best,
Swampy

Garands forever