PDA

View Full Version : G1 rifles can still be ordered

DSARep
November 25, 2008, 15:05
A while back I had posted that DSA was running out of parts to build G1 rifles. I wanted to update members on that. DSA can still build G1 rifles. Anyone interested can still order through their dealer. Please have them contact DSA by phone for pricing and order information. I am not sure how long these will continue to be available. I have said before that I think the G1 is one of the best looking FALs available. When I worked the NRA National Convention for DSA in 2007, the G1 was probably the rifle that received the most attention after the OSW and SPR. I am sure that the collector value of the G1 will be high. If you are interested in buying one I would get the order list now. Who knows what will happen after Obama takes office.

Call DSA at (847) 277-7258 for ordering information.

Thank you!

John

Sakic #19
November 25, 2008, 16:18
Hey John,

Do you know how many are going to be produced? I purchased one last year and was told by Nicole there's only going to be around 300 made. This was prior to DSA releasing a few more...just curious. BTW, my serial number is in the 200 range.

Cheers,

Sakic #19:beer:

GripItRight
November 25, 2008, 21:02
They sure do look nice!

SA58 G1 FAL (http://www.dsarms.com/SA58-FAL-G1-FAL-Collectors-Edition-762mm-Rifle/productinfo/SA58G1/)
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk440/gripitright/SA58G1.gif

Grip

2DARK2C
November 25, 2008, 21:09
is there anyway to just buy that stock?

i'd really like to put one on my stg58. i thought i found one, but it was like the t48 stock.

thanks
2D2C

DSARep
November 26, 2008, 08:52
You would have to call on the stocks. I am guessing that depends on how many we have versus how many complete G1s can be produced. As for numbers of G1s, I think her figure is still accurate. I suspect the G1s don't sell quite as well as other configurations because they are not as "tactical" as shorter barreled guns and folders. I am here to tell you though, seen in person they are gorgeous!

John

Sakic #19
November 26, 2008, 10:44
Originally posted by DSARep
You would have to call on the stocks. I am guessing that depends on how many we have versus how many complete G1s can be produced. As for numbers of G1s, I think her figure is still accurate. I suspect the G1s don't sell quite as well as other configurations because they are not as "tactical" as shorter barreled guns and folders. I am here to tell you though, seen in person they are gorgeous!

John

Awesome - thanks John! I love mine that's for sure...she's still an unfired safe queen:angel:

Sakic #19 :biggrin:

Tactical_T
November 27, 2008, 16:31
I bought my DSA SA58 G1 about 6-8 months ago, and can't bare to fire such a beautiful and weapon either. I shoot all my weapons, as I don't really believe in having Safe Queens, but I had to make an acception on this one. Fortunately I have a SA58 18" to use as my shooter.

miller330i
November 30, 2008, 20:29
I would love just to be able to buy a G1 Dsa receiver!!

nebula8080
February 22, 2009, 20:42
Just a friendly bump to see how plans were going for the G1 run. I'm on the list for two G1 receivers.

Any new time frames that you can share?

Thanks in advance -

DSARep
February 23, 2009, 09:02
I don't have any updates right now but will post here as soon as I hear something.

Thanks!

John

stoicrabbit
April 02, 2009, 11:16
Just curious how many more G1 receivers need to be ordered before y'all begin production? I had my FFL order a Collectors Edition G1 for me. I saw in a different post that y'all needed 82, but only 20 have been ordered.
Thanks T.J.

nwobhm
April 03, 2009, 12:16
I asked about them last week they are still in need of around 50 orders before they get started. Have a feeling it's going to be a loooooong wait.

ARMALITE FAN
April 22, 2009, 01:28
Are G1 receivers the same price ?

nebula8080
April 24, 2009, 17:04
ugh...man I hope these happen again. Thanks for posting again SD.

It would seem that if they treated these G1 receivers like the L1A1's, etc they would equally sell quite well....

dgp
June 15, 2009, 15:36
John,

Question about the barrels you put on the DSA G1 rifles. Could you please tell me if these barrels have chrome bores? Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before... too lazy to search.

Thank you in advance.

Sakic #19
June 21, 2009, 13:42
Originally posted by dgp
John,

Question about the barrels you put on the DSA G1 rifles. Could you please tell me if these barrels have chrome bores? Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before... too lazy to search.

Thank you in advance.

dgp,

I can answer that for you...my G1 Collectors has a new production chrome lined bore and chamber.

Cheers,

Sakic #19:beer:

DSARep
June 22, 2009, 07:52
Last I heard we were still using the G1 barrels from our last chrome lined run. I will post here if I find out otherwise.

Thanks!

John

dgp
June 22, 2009, 11:54
Thank you Sakic #19 & John... I appreciate your responses.

Sakic #19, what's your opinion of your rifle? I see you referred to it as an unfired safe queen. I already have a shooter, so mine probably wouldn't spend much time on the range either. If you were in a position to get on a waiting list and part with $ to get one (assuming you didn't already have one), would you?

I spoke with Don at DSA and he said they were accepting orders and would definitely do a run, but that it would be an undetermined period of time.

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

nwobhm
June 22, 2009, 15:35
Originally posted by dgp

Sakic #19, what's your opinion of your rifle? I see you referred to it as an unfired safe queen. I already have a shooter, so mine probably wouldn't spend much time on the range either. If you were in a position to get on a waiting list and part with $ to get one (assuming you didn't already have one), would you?

I spoke with Don at DSA and he said they were accepting orders and would definitely do a run, but that it would be an undetermined period of time.

Buy something else DSA. Their G1's are beautiful but have a limited market.

Sakic #19
June 22, 2009, 23:25
Originally posted by dgp

dgp,

If I had to do it all over again - you bet I would! The way I see things...you only live once, order one, you will not regret it. The fit, finish and attention to detail on the G1 is impeccable. You will definitely have a trophy in your safe if you decide to buy one. Either way, you will end up spending the $$ on something - why not treat yourself to not only one of the finest FAL's DSA makes, but, one of the finest and rarest FAL's currently on the market?

my $0.02

Sakic #19:biggrin:

dgp
June 23, 2009, 06:57
'Tallica... I appreciate your input, but as stated, I've already got shooters from DSA and I've always had my eye on one of these.

Joe... thank you! I really appreciate your thoughts and insights. I'll check back and let you know what DSA tells me.

DSARep
June 23, 2009, 07:43
When we have rifles on display at events, the G1 is one of the most picked up by visitors to our booth. It is just such a beautiful rifle that it catches everyone's attention. I say if you have others that you shoot and want more of a trophy/display FAL, this would be an excellent choice!

John

nebula8080
June 23, 2009, 08:16
order a receiver as well while you are at it to help get that list total up!

:biggrin:

dgp
June 26, 2009, 17:03
Okay... my order is in. I was told to expect a long wait and that the hold-up is the wood.

I will keep you posted.

dgp
July 06, 2009, 17:25
John,

I sent you a PM.

nwobhm
July 07, 2009, 19:50
Originally posted by dgp
Okay... my order is in. I was told to expect a long wait and that the hold-up is the wood.

I will keep you posted.

The hold up is not the wood. The hold up is that there aren't enough orders for complete rifles. DSA uses NOS Izzy butts for their G1's.

MBR29
July 08, 2009, 08:42
DSA has no more Izzy wood left so here is yet anouther problem in making G1 along with the fact that there is less than 30 on order after taking orders for over a year.

dgp
July 09, 2009, 07:15
Well, I did my part by placing my order.

A couple of questions regarding wood...

Is there much out there? I see that DSA doesn't have any more, but I imagine it's out there in the world somewhere?

Or, have we finally reached the point where there really aren't any more stashes of NOS military FAL wood available any more?

For limited runs in small numbers (like the G1), why don't they buy wood commercially? I've seen photographs of the wood member Blue Monster does and it looks like amazing first-class work... hell, I was thinking about reaching out to him for a wood stock to put on one of my existing rifles just because they're so damn pretty. I'd think guys like him with his skills would be able to produce wood for DSA?

nwobhm
July 09, 2009, 07:50
Originally posted by MBR29
DSA has no more Izzy wood left so here is yet anouther problem in making G1 along with the fact that there is less than 30 on order after taking orders for over a year.

You mean DSA has no more Izzy wood left to sell you. They have enough to build the guns. They aren't parting with any of their NOS G1 lowers either.

dgp
July 13, 2009, 07:21
Yep... they're beautiful and he does spectacular work. Thank you for posting that picture. Iíve seen several threads here with photographs of his work and Iíve yet to see anything of his that didnít look first-rate.

I know opinions on this may vary, but I'd be willing to pay an extra couple of hundred on a rifle in that price range in order to get a nice piece of wood. If DSA called me in a couple of months and said the build was delayed because they couldnít find NOS military wood, but that they could build a rifle if Iíd be willing to fork over several hundred more to get something like what is pictured here from Blue Monster, Iíd jump on it.

dgp
July 21, 2009, 14:53
John, please see my comments above... any chance of DSA using a craftsman for a limited run of wood on a rifle like the G1?

millerphys
July 21, 2009, 16:58
I begged them to use a wood pistol grip with their G1. Guess what, didn't happen.

My 1X serial number has an original FN buttstock with a metal plate and Steyr Gas tube.

My 14X has a long gas tube and an eastern european buttstock with a rubber buttpad.

My only complaint is the stupid plastic pistol grip. To match the wood, I will have to get 2 buttstock grips sets put on them eventually.

FIring them, FUN FUN FUN> They are so darn heavy, they don't kick for crap. The trigger's are much improved from my older cast trigger set in my STG58. THe smaller bolt release is useless, unless you have been using your hand strengtheners.

Overall very happy. I got what I was looking for. NOS FN steel lower and a new hammer forged, chrome lined barrel. I actually didn't care if it was called a G1 repro, it was the only DSA with the features I wanted. DSA, KEEP THE CHROME LINED BARRELS COMING.

I will probably in the end, rip off the bipod and put on some plastic furniture. Also, I will put on wide mag and bolt release buttons.

dgp
July 22, 2009, 07:45
Call me crazy, but I actually like that FN pattern original plastic grip. When I ordered my other rifles from DSA, efforts were made to talk me into the SAW grip. For whatever reason, I really like that original plastic grip.

Now, if they put a wood grip on it as you suggested...

geosho
August 02, 2009, 07:22
I just ordered one too! Let's hope we can get to the 50 rifle order minimum soon.