PDA

View Full Version : fun new toy

sigboy66
November 25, 2008, 13:36
This thing is a blast to shoot.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG00211.jpg

A supressed walther P-22, I enjoy shooting this my then my supressed 40.

mtb26
November 25, 2008, 22:47
That's awesome, I am thinking about buying a .22 LR pistol myself. If I do get one do I need a permit to put a suppressor on it, if so how do I get the permit??

skyhigh340
November 26, 2008, 00:21
nice set-up!

renaissance_warrior
November 26, 2008, 00:58
MTB, youre an American. We dont need permits. Just pay the stupid illegal tax on it. After all, theres still so much poaching going on now anyway, they are still a deadly threat to wildlife. :rofl:

sigboy66
November 26, 2008, 12:00
Go to your local Class 3 dealer buy the supressor, have them give you 3 copies of the ATF form 4. They should be able to tell you how to get it there. Mine invovled getting fingerprinted, 2 passport photos, state background check, and signature from the local Chief law enforcement officer. then send all that with a check for 200 bucks to the ATF guys with thier address on the form. Wait 3+ months go pick it up from the dealer.

sigboy66
November 26, 2008, 12:03
Not sure what the big deal about suppressors is, it just makes shooting the 22 more enjoyable, I can hear, and the gun does not blow my eardrums out when I fire it. Got a Tactical inovations barrel for my 10/22 as well. The silencer does not do so well if the ammo is supersonic. Most standard velocity ammo is subsonic in the handgun, not all subsonic ammo is subsonic in the rifle.

[486]
November 26, 2008, 17:19
Originally posted by sigboy66
Got a Tactical inovations barrel for my 10/22 as well. The silencer does not do so well if the ammo is supersonic.

I see no real purpose in a suppressor for a 10/22, the noise from the muzzle blast is minimal, less than a black cat firecracker... With the 18.5" barrel, and cheapo bulk pack ammo, it doesn't seem all that loud...

smee78
November 27, 2008, 12:27
I'm waiting on my Quest from TI, should be here in time for Christmas:biggrin:

snowhawk jockey
November 28, 2008, 21:33
Originally posted by [486]

I see no real purpose in a suppressor for a 10/22, the noise from the muzzle blast is minimal, less than a black cat firecracker... With the 18.5" barrel, and cheapo bulk pack ammo, it doesn't **SEEM** all that loud...

Nice P22! Someday I'll commit the $200 to taxes and get one of those mufflers for mine.

If you want your 10-22 to go "click" every time you pull the trigger and put a hole in the target, it must be equipped with a suppressor and loaded with subsonics. If you want to listen to that annoying "CRACK", then you can keep the 18.whatever inch barrel on it and enjoy shooting bulkpak.

After I got to enjoy the sound of suppression I understood. Before, I always thought, "its not really that loud, there's no real reason for a suppressor, right?"...Best I can do is shoot the quieter CB or Colibris, they're just not the same anymore.

edit for grammer