PDA

View Full Version : M2 ammo

StoneyCreekMrMauser
November 14, 2008, 16:10
Just picked up 100 rds of M2 ball ammo. Got some PS 77 and SL 4. Looked okay to me for the most part but I did have 1 rd of SL 4 that had some serious corrosion on it and when I pulled the bullet with the kinetic remover it ripped the case neck off with the projo. I hope I didn't just buy 60 M2 projos on 1903 clips! PS 77 looked nice and shiny but I don't know if it's Boxer/Berdan or corrosive. I'm guessing it's all corrosive, right? Thoughts are appreciated.

Dan44
November 14, 2008, 17:07
PS 77 would be Korean and non-corrosive. The KA marked is corrosive

ftierson
November 14, 2008, 20:06
Originally posted by Dan44
PS 77 would be Korean and non-corrosive. The KA marked is corrosive

The PS is also boxer primed...

Forrest

Brass Rat
November 14, 2008, 21:20
The PS is also excellent brass if you handload.

Swampy
November 15, 2008, 09:15
StoneyCreek,

I could be wrong here... old ammo experts may chime in at will... but I believe the SL 4 marking denotes "St Louis" armory and "1944". This would mean you have (HAD) collectible WWII ammo that you would not want to shoot anyway since it's corrosive primed. Too bad you dis-assembled it.

The PS is Korean and should be good to shoot and re-load.

Best,
Swampy

Garands forever

StoneyCreekMrMauser
November 15, 2008, 10:53
I only disassembled one round. It had corrosion all over it and this nasty white flaky stuff around the case neck. Came on M1903 clips (steel with that little tab on the ends).

How collectable are we talkin' here? I've also got some pre-war M2 ball (5rds) that I picked up in a ziploc deal.

Swampy
November 16, 2008, 07:34
How collectable are we talkin' here? I've also got some pre-war M2 ball (5rds) that I picked up in a ziploc deal.

Dunno... I'm not a collector. Google up an ammo collectors board and ask there.

Best,
Swampy

Garands forever

StoneyCreekMrMauser
November 16, 2008, 20:44
After all the trouble I just went thru to get rid of 4 M1911 mags, a Colt HBAR, and 2 AK bayos, I think I'll just shoot the stuff. Man is it hard to make a sale at a gun show!