PDA

View Full Version : Million Gun Owner March

M2MG
November 09, 2008, 23:13
There is a movement underway to organize a "Million Gun Owner March" in 2009. We need help organizing and getting the word out. Never before have Americans taken such bold action to ensure the survival of the 2nd Amendment. Every other activist group has made their voice heard and accomplished more than we ever have. Please do not sit back and watch your guns go bye-bye.

If they can do this then so can we.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=137&t=785242

Please spread this to as many RKBA boards as you can

M2MG

prosecond
November 10, 2008, 00:03
I like the idea of a gathering in each state.

John Culver
November 10, 2008, 00:08
Originally posted by prosecond

I'd certainly be up for that.

maddawg308
November 10, 2008, 09:00
State or D.C., I'm up for it. I live 60 miles from D.C. so going there isn't a problem.

aardq
November 10, 2008, 10:18
Sounds good to me, either as an every state event, or a DC event. We should all send a quick e-mail to the NRA, GOA, 2nd. Amendment foundation, RKBA, Second Amendment Sisters, and all other pro second amendment groups.

The weather in March can get inclement fast, and cold, very fast. Maybe a different month, but at any time, Iím in.

I'm willing to help send e-mails to folks, or work on mailing flyers, and then show up in person with my sign!
Dan

M2MG
November 10, 2008, 11:00
Originally posted by prosecond

I think you're right about this, we need to show unity in every state. Maybe in each state the march would go to the state capital or federal building. I'm in Colorado and never hear about any marches in DC unless it's the illeagls marching for rights.

We need to get local coverage in each state while showing national unity to send our message of Hope and Change (sorry, had to do it).

M2MG

renaissance_warrior
November 10, 2008, 14:03
An idea who's time has come, sadly. Any civil right worth having is worth marching in protest to keep, or at least making a serious statmement.

An interesting thought is that if the PTB tried to 'break it up' that would be the exact same thing that the blacks when through in the 60's. In that vein, gun control is both racism and discrimination. No civil right it 'more equal' that others. It would be great to get the minorities on board, for they are the ones the most victimized by it. It appears to to me, that in the reading of the blogs from the WaPo in the DC area about Heller, that a vast majority of blacks aren't really aware that they CAN own firearms. It seems that they have been brought up with the idea that they have no rights of self-defense, they just call the cops and blame them for not 'stopping crime'. I guess they didn't read the SCOTUS ruling relating to that, the Martinez ruling if I recall.

Sreading the word about the ruling as well as their God given rights to self defense that are their rights as well, would be a great 'anchor issue' . After all, we're the minority now, and we may as well join forces with the others. The politicians don't listen to the conservative white people anymore, because they always know how we're going to vote. We just get in the way of their 'progressive' agendas.

moses
November 10, 2008, 15:41
I'm IN!

2barearms
November 10, 2008, 16:22
They stole my stupid idea!

2barearms
November 10, 2008, 16:25
Originally posted by maddawg308
State or D.C., I'm up for it. I live 60 miles from D.C. so going there isn't a problem.

You'll be needed to help get folks shown how to maneuver around DC.
Nothin' like a local. I posited this idea a while back and was told no one show
up, looks like I have to make some calls.

thunderchicken
November 10, 2008, 17:14
This'll never happen. Even if it did you are going to end up with at least a few fat yahoos carrying rebel flags, stormfront banners, dressing in walmart camo and so on, who will end up in all the media coverage, pretty much advancing the national argument for gun control.

Anyone contacted the Parks police yet do find available dates... didn't think so.

Anyone thought about the logistics of food, water, toilets, transportation, medical care, etc. for a march of 1 million? 100,000? 10,000? or the funding for it? or even the funding to hire someone to organize it?... didn't think so.

Better off sending the money you'd spend travelling to DC to GOA or someone else to hire some good lawyers and lobbyists.

2barearms
November 10, 2008, 17:21
Originally posted by thunderchicken
This'll never happen. Even if it did you are going to end up with at least a few fat yahoos carrying rebel flags, stormfront banners, dressing in walmart camo and so on, who will end up in all the media coverage, pretty much advancing the national argument for gun control.

Anyone contacted the Parks police yet do find available dates... didn't think so.

Anyone thought about the logistics of food, water, toilets, transportation, medical care, etc. for a march of 1 million? 100,000? 10,000? or the funding for it? or even the funding to hire someone to organize it?... didn't think so.

Better off sending the money you'd spend travelling to DC to GOA or someone else to hire some good lawyers and lobbyists.

That's a hoot, in some ways you're right, but if we quit before we even get started
then they win. Can you imagine a million of us appear from nowhere and decend on the mall, ouch they'd have to call out the Nat. Guard, if there are
any there. It's already underway and whether it works or not is anybodies guess but I'll be there with my Flag!

ThunderGod
November 10, 2008, 17:33
The hard part would be in getting people to comply with the dress-code:

No camo or uniforms. We do this as citizens.
No "Kill 'em all..." type tee-shirts. We're not blood-thirsty.
No Confederate Battle flags. We ain't no damned rednecks.
No Nazi stuff. We are not Racists.
No beanie babies. Do I really need to 'splain this one?:biggrin:

Yes to something in common, like caps, tee-shirts or empty holsters. Not to mix metaphors, but how about red shirts or brown coats. Not to be confused with Brownshirts, Redcoats or Redshirts.:devil:

BearNAM
November 10, 2008, 18:16
I'm up for it! Be bout damn time too!

renaissance_warrior
November 10, 2008, 18:39
Ted Nugent free concert in front of the SCOTUS. Problem solved. :tongue:

WannaFal
November 10, 2008, 18:42
Id like to see something like this!
Im in at least for my state cap and would try like hell for DC!
Agree 2000% on the dress code too.

bakerjw
November 10, 2008, 18:53
Marching in each state capital would be more feasible. They tend to be more centralized to the state and the turnout would be much greater imho.

Also, is there a law preventing a million people from visiting their capital on the same day?

renaissance_warrior
November 10, 2008, 19:23
Well, Obama was at the Million Man March with Farrakahn in '95. Maybe he'd march for another civil right. :rofl:

BearNAM
November 10, 2008, 20:26
Ted Nugent free concert in front of the SCOTUS. Problem solved

Hell yea. I bet he'd do it too!

AndyC
November 10, 2008, 21:06
You sure spew a lot of contempt for a man who has yet to tell us what he himself has done, Lewis. Enlighten us, do; I'd be fascinated to hear about it. What's your claim to fame, neighbor?

ThunderGod
November 10, 2008, 22:54
Originally posted by Lewis Wetzel

You should be so lucky.

Actually, Thunderputz, the CSA had more guts, greater commitment, greater solidarity, and greater moral imperative than you'll ever get from this current crop of fat-body ne'er-do-wells.......:rolleyes:

Look, Telepussy, let's get some facts about the CBF straight.

1} My pick-up rolls wearing the First National.

2} The Enemy has successfully associated the Confederate Battle Flag with Racism. They consider It an "End Game" symbol.

3} Waving the CBF play into their sick, manipulative hands. IE, They Win.

4} Only a perpetual Loser allows his Enemies to always define the Battlefield. IE, You Lose.

5} Turnabout is "fair play". Deny Them Their Symbol.

6} BTW, F#ck you, Teleplayer. You are a blabbering violation of Site Rules concerning multiple accounts. Since you were banned, pussy...

Jen, how many fuckin times do I have to call for the permanent banning this worthless, lying MFer? What the f#ck is the point of a "MULTIPLE USER VIOLATION", if you let this POS continue to post?

TXscout
November 11, 2008, 00:24
Originally posted by renaissance_warrior
Ted Nugent free concert in front of the SCOTUS. Problem solved. :tongue:

That's exactly who I would contact to bouce the idea off of--His agent

juanni
November 11, 2008, 02:25
Originally posted by ThunderGod

Jen, how many fuckin times do I have to call for the permanent banning this worthless, lying MFer? What the f#ck is the point of a "MULTIPLE USER VIOLATION", if you let this POS continue to post?

Yeah, seems like mortals just don't submit to a God's demands like they used to. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ThunderWhiner, God of childish complaints.....

.................juanni

renaissance_warrior
November 11, 2008, 03:18
Ok guys, let's not get all 'internet' here. We have enough drama to fight, not each other. Let's all hang together. Separately takes too much time. Or so Ben Franklin said as I recall. :biggrin:

A little 'keyboard testoterone' goes a long way, it seems. :tongue:

gunner30
November 11, 2008, 08:12
I seem to recall this idea was floating around back in the first year or two of the Clinton / Reno dictatorship. Get lots of gun owners with their guns to march on Washington and demand Reno be removed from office. I tried looking for anything on the web and came up empty, and I've long since recycled my old gun mags from back in that time, but I seem to remember that the whole idea at the time was being pushed by anti gun people. I.E. lets get these stupid rube gun owners all riled up and marching into DC with their weapons, then arrest them all. Or some variation of that. I remember following it in the letters section of what ever gun rag I used to read back in that early internet age. Remember the paranoia of so many people on our side back when Clinton first came in. I remember there being a massive primer shortage and I want to remember that Camp Perry or some other big shoting event was cancelled that year because of it. Yet we all somehow survived the Clinton years,partly by helping the 1994 Revolution gain power. Let's hope the Republicans again learn their lesson and send us some better candidates in 2010. Till then........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6cxNR9ML8k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6cxNR9ML8k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Manedwolf
November 11, 2008, 10:06
Antis would join in the crowd and either shoot someone, or fire into the air.

Game over.

Kyrottimus
November 11, 2008, 16:30
Originally posted by renaissance_warrior
Ok guys, let's not get all 'internet' here. We have enough drama to fight, not each other. Let's all hang together. Separately takes too much time. Or so Ben Franklin said as I recall. :biggrin:

I think it was:

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
--Thomas Paine

2barearms
November 11, 2008, 22:22
Originally posted by Manedwolf
Antis would join in the crowd and either shoot someone, or fire into the air.

Game over.

Ya know, I hear this same sort of nonsense from people that think they
will sabotage gun shows by loading guns laying on tables. If someone
was stupid enough to bring a gun and pull it out, it would be very bad
for them immediately.Why would you do that surrounded by a million
gun owners without having a death wish. So I guess demon strations
are only for unemployed Marxist activists?

fastprofessor
November 12, 2008, 00:30
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Manedwolf
November 12, 2008, 09:57
Originally posted by 2barearms

Ya know, I hear this same sort of nonsense from people that think they
will sabotage gun shows by loading guns laying on tables. If someone
was stupid enough to bring a gun and pull it out, it would be very bad
for them immediately.Why would you do that surrounded by a million
gun owners without having a death wish. So I guess demon strations
are only for unemployed Marxist activists?

I'm guessing you didn't see what just happened with "gay marriage" commandos having a coordinated action with earpieces and all, where they disrupted a church service, screamed profanity, threw stuff including condoms, two women ran up to the altar and started making out, and some other guys went at it in the bathroom to further defile the church.

Why do you assume that some of them aren't so crazed as to actually wish to be a martyr for their cause?

2barearms
November 12, 2008, 10:12
Originally posted by Manedwolf

I'm guessing you didn't see what just happened with "gay marriage" commandos having a coordinated action with earpieces and all, where they disrupted a church service, screamed profanity, threw stuff including condoms, two women ran up to the altar and started making out, and some other guys went at it in the bathroom to further defile the church.

Why do you assume that some of them aren't so crazed as to actually wish to be a martyr for their cause?

You did notice this DIDN"T happen in Texas. Why weren't reperbates shot.
I hope were not going to start associating being gay with owning guns also.
Look, you could find a dozen reasons to stay home and I wish you well.
The NRA used the same logic in not pushing a Supreme Court challenge to
2A Rights for the DC case or California's AWB and yet we prevailed to some
degree.

shlomo
November 12, 2008, 20:00
Originally posted by ThunderGod
Yes to something in common, like caps, tee-shirts or empty holsters.

I like the idea of everybody carrying brooms. First, it evokes the shape of a rifle barrel, and second, it has the symbolism of a huge grassroots group ready to sweep transgressing incumbents from office.

OlderWiser
November 19, 2008, 19:38
One of the more outspoken members here on the AKFiles tried to get a Gun Rights March going just before the election. The attempt failed, not because it was a bad idea, but mostly due to a lack of time.

So I propose the following:

A National Gun Rights March on Washington DC. Two dates stand out as possibilities, Memorial Day 2009 and the Forth of July 2009.

Are there any here who would be interested in standing up for our Second Ammendment rights in a non violent demonstrative way that will let Congress know where we stand? Such a demonstration would have to be very large to have any effect. Probably 200,000 or more. A grass roots effort across all the Gun Board community would be a good place to start. Once we get it rolling NRA and GOA support should be forth coming, although the message would be much louder if their involvement was kept to a minimum.

The Gays, Blacks and Hispanics seem to be able to mass these kind of numbers and with the multitude of gun owners in the country we should be able to get a very large group togeather. That is of course assuming that our Second Ammendment Rights really matter to us.

I am basically looking for input guys, tell me what you think....

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44890

billyreed1
November 19, 2008, 20:18
LET'S DO IT! I'M IN. WOULD LIKE TO SEE A DAILY UPDATE/REMINDER HERE ON THE FILES DONE UP UNTIL THE TIME OF THE EVENT(i like CAPS). CAN THAT BE DONE? We need to do this. Why not a 10 million gunowner rights march with 15 million showing up! That's wrong that they would even introduce that sort of legislation. Especially after being sworn in to uphold the constitution . There should be a permanent overseer at swearing in ceremonies with follow-up and the power to unseat at anytime after he or she swears in a VIOLATOR. We should not even have to do this at all but that would be in a perfect world.. Again we need to do this and am willing. Let's spread the word on other forums that we belong to. SPREAD THE WORD!:beer: :fal:

billyreed1
November 19, 2008, 20:35
I read the post about carrying BROOMS and like the idea!

FIANNAFAL
November 19, 2008, 21:16
I have a lot of experience with helping to orginize marchs on this type. Some of the larger ones over the conflict in Central America during the 80s were my doing.
It can be done and NOW is the time to do it! Not Jan 21! State demos would be to small and easily left out of the news. My sugestion would be to have one in Las Vegas, Dallas and D.C.
Vegas because who wants to go to Callie? Gun laws are in our favor in Nevada and Texas. D. C. has to be on the list just because its the seat of power. I would be posting on this over at Arfcon but got banned a while back.
One last note do not pick holidays for the march date! To many conflicts of interest. :fal:

2barearms
November 20, 2008, 06:27
Originally posted by OlderWiser
One of the more outspoken members here on the AKFiles tried to get a Gun Rights March going just before the election. The attempt failed, not because it was a bad idea, but mostly due to a lack of time.

So I propose the following:

A National Gun Rights March on Washington DC. Two dates stand out as possibilities, Memorial Day 2009 and the Forth of July 2009.

Are there any here who would be interested in standing up for our Second Ammendment rights in a non violent demonstrative way that will let Congress know where we stand? Such a demonstration would have to be very large to have any effect. Probably 200,000 or more. A grass roots effort across all the Gun Board community would be a good place to start. Once we get it rolling NRA and GOA support should be forth coming, although the message would be much louder if their involvement was kept to a minimum.

The Gays, Blacks and Hispanics seem to be able to mass these kind of numbers and with the multitude of gun owners in the country we should be able to get a very large group togeather. That is of course assuming that our Second Ammendment Rights really matter to us.

I am basically looking for input guys, tell me what you think....

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44890

What you are proposing is already in the works to some degree or other.
Check out this site it evolved last week from a thread on ARFCOM.

http://www.righttokeepandbeararms.com/

Thunderbred
November 23, 2008, 11:18
If you could get 10% to march, could you imagine 9,000,000 people. It might help to stop our persecution if we're brought out into the light, instead of always being in the shadows until a tragedy occures.

Jeff