PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Arms BM59

gerry g
November 05, 2008, 14:34
I picked up a Golden State Arms BM59 clone back in the 80's. It came with an original BM59 mag and ran flawlessly. Is it true that all the Golden State Arms BM59 were made with re-welded receivers?

Gerry

garandguy10
November 06, 2008, 13:58
I do believe some[very few] Golden State Arms BM-59 came with genuine Berretta made BM-59 receivers. they will have "Made by Berreta" on the left side of the receiver under the elevation knob.

gerry g
November 07, 2008, 06:48
I'll assume if there is no Berretta markings that the receiver is a re-weld.

Sig220
November 07, 2008, 07:37
If you look at the sides of the receiver and IF it is a re-weld, you will be able to tell by the different color of finishing.......a weld does not reflect the same as the rest of the receiver. If its a really good job, you may have to look at the recesses on the side to find it.

Good Luck!!

gerry g
November 07, 2008, 08:24
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the receiver tonight. If it is a reweld, it is a great shooting rifle.

Gerry

denny
November 07, 2008, 11:32
I had a rewelded Garand for years and shot it alot. Never had one bit of trouble - my only regret is I traded it away and never should have.
Thanks D.

gerry g
November 10, 2008, 08:00
Took the stock off over the week end. No Berretta stampings near the rear sight and the coloring of the receiver was nicely re-parked, could hardly see any discoloration but I saw what looked like some extra milling marks.
I believe this is a reweld, but a darn good job was done on it.

Gerry