PDA

View Full Version : lage max-11

skyhigh340
October 28, 2008, 19:18
Anybody ever had any experience with this gun? looking for information about quality of construction and reliability it is after all built on a m-11 frame. Thanks for any input.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/skyhigh340/M11_Lage_11112008_20014.jpg

DesertFALrat
October 28, 2008, 20:57
I own one.

It is hands down the best accessory you can ever have for the M11.

The Lage upper snaps on to the lower just like the original upper.

You can get different bolts to change the cyclic rate.

The fit and finish is exemplary.

The Lage runs like a swiss watch. I've never had a problem with it.

I can't say enough good stuff about this product.

skyhigh340
October 28, 2008, 23:06
Thanks for the reply and the info. I'm thinking of making this my first f/a purchase.

skyhigh340
October 28, 2008, 23:08
Sorry for the extra post. I was wondering what kind of accuracy you are getting out of it, for CQB purposes. I know this isn't meant for super accuracy just want to know if this is a minute-of-badguy accurate.

DesertFALrat
October 28, 2008, 23:31
I can dump all 30 rounds into a 10 inch circle at about 15 yards, no problem.

You get a 50% increase in the barrel length over the standard M11 upper.

You can hit man sized targets out to 50-60 yards with ease.

Maximum effective range for the weapon is probably about 100 yards.

Beyond there, the spread gets pretty wide and the bullet drop severe. I'm not sure what the effective range of a 9mm round is.

The upper is much heavier than a stock M11, which reduces recoil considerably.

2 and 3 round bursting is child's play, and with the slowest bolt, you can even pull single shots. I think the stated RPM on the slow bolt is about 650-700.

I typically use the "tactical" bolt which runs about 850-900 RPM.

I suggest getting the 3-lug barrel so you can add a quick detach suppressor.

It's a hoot, and by far the best thing I ever did for my M11. You can't own a M11 and not have one of these.

rocko
October 29, 2008, 19:58
I agree that it is absolutely a must-have for m11/9 owners. Note that he has a new version out that uses converted suomi mags, which is significant because they are double feed mags, which are significantly easier to load. Unfortunately, it is having some teething problems due to loose tolerances in the host gun and I think sales temporarily suspended.

Only other thing to note is that when I typically see it offered as a package, the sellers generally seem to ask for a premium over just buying a complete m11/9 and getting the Lage upper directly from him. Big reason behind this is likely the wait time for the upper, but with xfer times slowing down, you could likely get on the wait list at the same time you make the purchase and get it in time. Note that no deposit is required to get on the list, and if you decide to pass when your name comes up, he doesn't seem to mind - plenty of folks behind you!

There is a MAC variant forum on http://www.uzitalk.com forums, I'd suggest you check that out for more info.

skyhigh340
November 01, 2008, 21:43
Thanks for all the info! My mind is now made up. Time to check the bank account.:D

Skilter
November 10, 2008, 18:24
I would reiterate everything said here. I don't own one, but have shot one on many occasions. It is much heavier though. IF you are looking to have a light subgun, this ain't it. But for the cost, the quality cannot be beat.