PDA

View Full Version : Got CMP SA Service Grade today

Ssarge
October 22, 2008, 01:44
Got the SA Service Grade in today from CMP I had just ordered it about 2 weeks ago. It's a 5.8 million and came with HRA bolt and op rod. My HRA Service Grade came with SA bolt and op rod, so that was an easy swap.
The stock is a post war SA and has the mount for a grenade launcher sight mounted. Stock's a bit rough, but it'll clean up OK. It's certainly not as nice as the SA stock that came on my HRA!
CMP sure is cranking out some fine Garands and in record time.

Survey Punk
October 22, 2008, 05:55
I was elated when you said your Springfield had an HRA rod and crestfallen when you said you had an HRA to swap it into. :biggrin:
I was going to propose an exchange of prisoners!
Wonder why CMP left the grenade sight on and didn't swap one of their new stock sets into the mix. No matter. The CMP Garand is still one of the best deals going in Gundom.
You hip to Deans gunstocks? http://www.dgrguns.com/ :wink:

JB

Ssarge
October 22, 2008, 12:22
I have known about Dean's for years.
As for the GI stock, I requested it on my form. Both my SG HRA and SA have come with decent wood.
I have a set of furniture from the CMP (Walnut) in fact I'm going to unload since I don't need it like I was afraid I would! :shades:

gunshack
October 22, 2008, 12:38
Good deal Ssarge. I have a 5.8 SA that's a sweet shooter. They are such pleasant rifles.

I probably don't need to tell you this, but; if you're swapping bolts you should check headspace on both of those rifles. Couldn't hurt.

Ssarge
October 22, 2008, 19:27
I'll be checking h/s prior to shooting either of them!