PDA

View Full Version : M1A Loaded vs T3 Tactical

ackks
October 19, 2008, 01:22
If I bought a M1A Loaded would there still be a need for me to buy something like a T3 Tactical or other bolt action rifle? Hate to buy two guns if I could get buy with one.

hagar
October 19, 2008, 08:05
Yes... No semi will shoot with a good bolt action. Bolt actions are easier to scope as well, and can use a bigger variety of powders and bullets.

pjpjr
October 19, 2008, 08:32
Originally posted by ackks
If I bought a M1A Loaded would there still be a need for me to buy something like a T3 Tactical or other bolt action rifle? Hate to buy two guns if I could get buy with one.

The question to you is what do you want to do with the gun? An M1A rifle is more than adequate as a functional accurate all around rifle. I wouldn't hesitate to grab mine as a primary "I gotta go gun".......

2barearms
October 19, 2008, 09:32
They are using scoped DMR M14's everyday in Iraq and Afganistan with very good results. The main advantage with the M14 DMR is follow up shots where you have several targets. A bolt gun like the FN SPR A1 or A5 are precision one shot/one kill machines. Both rifles are heavy because of the barrel contours being big so their is not much advantage one way or the other their.
A really nice Bolt Gun isn't going to be a versatile as an M14 or FAL. I would go
for a custom M14 type with med wt barrel and as many GI parts as my budget would allow.

ackks
October 19, 2008, 10:49
Mostly I'm looking for something I could hunt with 5 or 6 hundred yards or less, and if the crap hit the fan and I needed to take something out long distance I could do so with power (instead of a 556 round). I like the T3 because it's a better shooter, and I like the M1A because I can take a few more shots right in a row if I had to (backup my AR if I need power).

1Rocky
October 19, 2008, 16:19
I have a Tikka T-3, although it is in .223 that is one fine rifle, it prints sub 1"
groups at 100 yards with 75 grain bullets, and will still hit the 30" gong at
600 yds every time. also have 4 M1As just in case TSHTF.

Rocky :biggrin:

ackks
October 19, 2008, 17:49
Wow Rocky...you are good to go!