PDA

View Full Version : Quick HTML (Java?) question

gunplumber
October 17, 2008, 12:14
I am trying to install a button in place of a hyperlink.

The template for my buttons is old and includes some text I think is no longer needed - I am also confused with another method I once used for same result - "onbuttonup" and "onbuttondown"

the name of the new button is "buttongallery1.gif". When it is clicked, I want it to change to "buttongallery2.gif" and hyperlink to "pagefinishgallery.htm"

This is where I am (I had to change the brackets to paranthesis for it to display)

(a href="pagefinishgallery.htm" )(img src="buttongallery1.gif")(/a)

it gives me the first button with a blue outline I don't want, and I can't figure out how to make clicking the button (not passing over it) change it to "buttongallery2.gi

------------------
Here is the old HTML I was trying to use. Can it be simplified?

(SCRIPT)((!-- Hide from tired old browsers // --)

(/SCRIPT)
(!-- button/buttonhome2=new Image();
button/buttonhome2.src="button/buttonhome2.gif";

button/buttonemail2 = new Image();
button/buttonemail2.src = "button/buttonemail2.gif"; //--)

(base target="home")
(/head)

ggiilliiee
October 20, 2008, 10:30
try here gunny ...

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

see why gates and jobs are assholes ..conflicting crap....

gunplumber
October 20, 2008, 10:41
Tidy doesn't create code, it only looks for incomplete, missing, dangling, or out of sequence commands.

I need to know the command for my desired result.

show .gif button (without blue hyperlink outline if possible.)
change to .gif button # 2 on down click AND
hyperlink to page x on down click

I already installed it on my website but it was years ago and I don't remember why I wrote certain lines of code

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/frame.htm

I am missing something when I try to cut and paste it and switch to a different button.

ggiilliiee
October 20, 2008, 12:09
mark thought it highlighted the wrong text/code in the sand box test area ...my mistake ..
is there a space between the

a href....beena while ...from when i played with it years back it always seems to be an character out of place or a line to advance to the next point .......dont you need to be embedded src..?.before the img src ????.for a clickable link ??.might be the html to java script reader

// like i say its been a while ..things have changed ....gimmie a G code anyday ..hehe .dave raggert is a good place to research .....

gunplumber
October 20, 2008, 12:19
I use Arachnophilia and it changes color when there is an incomplete (x)(/x) or missing ".

I'm not worried about that.

I think the issue is the wrong command, not format error.

ggiilliiee
October 20, 2008, 12:36
ya some annoying crap ..
.......im shure what ever i learned 2 years ago is all useless and fossilized now .....dang software geeks .hehe ...well i gave it a shot ...hope ya get her fingered out ...:wink:

my thought is if your geting the ole emty box on the screen ....the command is correct .
..the gif link is not cuein up ...i had a similar problem a ways back with my own pictures and them not having a valid link untill i made one in my unit ......... ... the ones generated from another web site alwys worked as it was imbedded in the site .. ......just a thought ....and a edjumacated guess ...try putting in all the gif links in the first lines with the "src" so they can be recognized before the command to button....??......