PDA

View Full Version : Funshow score: Polytech

1811GNR
October 12, 2008, 22:36
Wandering through the show yesterday, not a lot that was interesting. Already have one or too much money for me.
Started all the way in the back, Saturday only tables. More once in a while sellers, not the regulars with the same stuff as last time. Worked my way through, aisle by aisle (1000 tables). About 2/3 of the way through, almost three hours into the show, spotted an M14 type. Give it a look, side stamped Poly in a fiberglass stock, slotted handguard, no price tag. Seller tells me the front sight is canted. Ask if he minds if I check the headspace. Sure, he'd like to know too. Go, yes. No-Go, yes. Field, yes. (All .308). 7.62 NATO Max, not quite. While checking HS noticed price sheet, more interested now. Told him what he had, best to use mil-surp ammo, blah-blah. Thought it over for a minute and made an offer, said he needed what he had on it or would take it home. Me: Ok thanks. I wandered two more aisles, BS'd with folks, kept thinking about that Poly. Knew I'd regret not getting it. Headed back to it thinking somebody woulda saved me the cash and taken it away. Saw from the end of the aisle it was still there. Stopped in front of table and started counting the cash.....

Sure wish he woulda taken the offer, $350 woulda been closer to the 1993 price than the $400 I paid.

AliYahu
October 12, 2008, 23:19
Damn, that's what I paid for mine back in the '90s at the infamous Spring (TX) gun show. I recently got over $1,000 for it though!

Eli

Steggo
October 12, 2008, 23:33
I paid $350 for one in 1993 and it wasn't worth that.

Complete POS.

I almost never sell guns but was glad to see that one go.

Hope yours is better.

Ssarge
October 13, 2008, 11:21
Did you wear a mask and rubber gloves 'cause you got a steal at that price!
I just did the Chin popsicle stick treatment to an excellent USGI walnut stock I just got from US Armory and slapped my Poly in it.
Super score! :bow:

1MOR
October 13, 2008, 17:24
And I suppose ya didn't sleep a wink last night after ripping off the guy?:D :D

cabinetman
October 14, 2008, 17:37
PAid $600 for one off a shoulder at Knob Creek a few years back. Had to rebuild it because headspace was in outerspace but I still got a bargain. A price like the one you paid should be outlawed!!

Rome

1MOR
October 14, 2008, 17:57
I just did the Chin popsicle stick treatment to an excellent USGI walnut stock I just got from US Armory and slapped my Poly in it.

HUH?:confused:

Ssarge
October 14, 2008, 19:21
You glue a 1/2" section of popsicle stick into the area of the stock the connector lock is on a Chinese rifle. The connector lock will slip out, allowing the op rod spring guide to come loose, which is a major headache to clear.
When I get my USGI bolt conversion, I'll have a GI connector lock put in.

1MOR
October 14, 2008, 19:28
Guess I just learned a new one! TKS!:bow: :bow:

AR Ray
October 22, 2008, 21:55
paid 400.00 10 years ago, could have bought 2