PDA

View Full Version : HK usp tactical can, any recommendations?

Thorgrimm_the_Vain
October 05, 2008, 13:12
What is a good can for a HK USP tactical? I haven't submitted my forms yet, this is just early research. What is price range? I have seen good things on silencertalk about AAC how pricey are they? Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

ronintkd
October 21, 2008, 09:19
Originally posted by Thorgrimm_the_Vain
What is a good can for a HK USP tactical? I haven't submitted my forms yet, this is just early research. What is price range? I have seen good things on silencertalk about AAC how pricey are they? Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

I would recommend two cans...either AAC's EVO or the SWR HEMS2. You can't go wrong with either one. I've got the HEMS2 and love it! Regarding price the SWR will be less expensive than the AAC but check with your local Class 3 dealer for exact pricing.

Stranger
October 22, 2008, 08:20
Originally posted by Thorgrimm_the_Vain

Considering that AAC owns Silencer Talk I wouldn't be surprised by the reviews. (They also tend to crap on other cans that compete directly in AAC's market.)

That being said AAC cans are some of the best and are reasonably priced for what you get. The Evolution would be an excellent choice for the HK. Gemtech's .45 can is pretty good as well and is about $100 less expensive (not that it really matters when you are laying down $700 + $200 tax on something you will never be able to sell).

You 'should' be able to get a pretty good discount from your dealer. When I bought my last Gemtech can it was $100 below list. However, it all depends on your dealer.

Thorgrimm_the_Vain
October 22, 2008, 13:08
Thanks for the info gents, I did notice silencertalk liked to crap on surefire's gear, and AAC's ownership would explain that.

Tyris
October 22, 2008, 13:25
Go shoot a 45 can first.
I have been disappointed by everyone one I've shot and heard. (the whole wet thing does not work for me).

40cal is pretty loud, 45 is ear-splitting.

9mm works great.

-T

Tyris
October 22, 2008, 13:33
I take that back.
This may be the only quiet dry 45 silencer in existence:

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/MVC-119E.JPG

-T

Falboy
November 06, 2008, 12:19
KAC would also be good, but damn expensive. Major Malfunction has them. I'd probably go with AAC. My forms should come back on the 7.62 SD for my FAL any day now.:fal: