PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Bolt Guns?

skiprobinson
October 04, 2008, 08:55
Hey Guys,

I was looking for a .308 bolt gun to use as a deer rifle and got a very nice deal on a Husqvarna/Smith and Wesson from my local gun shop. While I wanted to go the heavy barrel and synthetic stock route, this one is a definite sporter rifle that has nice iron sights and a beautiful walnut stock. Its just too pretty to mess up. It also came with the original S&W box, gun looks like it has never been shot.

I know Husky makes good stuff and that they started as an arms manufacturer a long time ago. I cant find a manual on this one anywhere, does anyone here have past experience with Husqvarna rifles and advice or thoughts to share?

I did go ahead and add a Nikon scope and a new sling, havent taken it to the range yet but I feel like I got a really nice rifle at a serious budget price ( I have about $400 in the gun including the scope)

Skip

RG Coburn
October 04, 2008, 09:26
A friend has a Husky 30-06.Made back in the 50' or 60's. Really sleek,smooth,very classic lines.Accurate Too. I'm envious.

denny
October 08, 2008, 09:05
I think you ought to put that in the safe and find a beater.
S&W Huskies are collecters items.
Check Gunbroker . As to quality Huskie is like FN Supremes nothing but quality.
D.

whirlibird
October 13, 2008, 00:41
Husqvarna's are excellent rifles.
The Crown Grade's from the 50's are some of the finest Mauser actioned rifles that you can get.

The Smith Model A- Husky's are later models, using the HVA action IIRC, from '69 to '72.
Still excellent rifles though.

Don't mess with it.

tubalcane
October 28, 2008, 10:07
I have one imported by Tradewinds in the 60's. It has nothing to recommend it except tiny groups it makes.
My son killed his first elk it It'll be in the family for a few more years.

DJ
October 28, 2008, 11:00
My Uncle Harry had a Husky/S&W rifle in .270. I can't remember when he bought it, possibly in the early '70's. It had the full length Mannlicher style stock on it. It was a beautiful rifle and shot great groups.