PDA

View Full Version : Old Form 1 OK to Use?

Uxkid
September 28, 2008, 10:12
The Title ii website has the fillable pdf version of the July 2004 version of Form 1.

I found an updated version of Form dated September 2007 that is not fillable.

Question: Will ATF still accept the older version of the form?

Blackmore
September 28, 2008, 10:19
I wouldn't give them any excuse to refuse it. Send the newest one.

My dealer just got one back because the CLEO's signature was not legible and he had not included his title. Actually, I believe ATF was justified in this case. There was no way to confirm the signature since they didn't know who had signed it; or which official to ask for since there was no title.

Be sure that everything is filled out correctly including the areas that you are relying on other people to complete before you send it in.

gunplumber
September 28, 2008, 11:36
every form goes through a legal documents examiner - and much depends on their guidance and attention and mood. I've had some forms where I missed a piece of information, and had the form returned with a post-it note identifying what I missed. On another, the examiner called, and asked what the correct data was and just marked it in for me. On a third, my form was correct and the NFA database was wrong (which is never wrong).

So yeah, use the most current form, you can fill it out in pen, it does not have to be typed - or contact DanBrew (linked from subguns.com o0r titleii.com) and see if he's finished the updated form in .pdf. Make it easy for NFA to process your paperwork and it may happen faster.

partisan50
September 28, 2008, 15:33
I don't understand the problem with Form 1s, just go to the ATF website and order the correct forms, they are the most recent and you will receive them in a couple of days.

The Title ii website might be nice, but if the forms are not up to date what good is it.

This link will take you to the order form...

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

DesertFALrat
September 29, 2008, 15:33
FWIW, My local CLEO won't accept the old form 1.

dfr

Uxkid
September 29, 2008, 16:50
Thanks guys...I redid it using the correct form.