PDA

View Full Version : Ted, why did you lock and move the .223 FAL topic.....

RRotz
January 27, 2002, 14:56
when it was tacked to the top of general discussion? you killed another perfectly good thread by filing it away in a dark corner where no one goes! check you're email, i'm sending the same message via.

:mad:

EMDII edit:

Active thread in G/BiY (http://www.falfiles.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004687&p=)

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: EMDII ]

sparky
January 27, 2002, 23:12
Yes Ted WHY???

EMDII
January 28, 2002, 08:01
There were more posts yesterday in the G/BiY thread then here in S/TS. Must still be active?

Here goes:

Hiya RROTZ-

a- I topped it originally, IIRC. Could be wrong: I top/move quite a bit.

b- it had the bulk of it's traffic on the 25th and had already slowed down. It has had additional traffic since then, and remains topped in G/BiY.

c- I think it's viable still. Those who want can get to it from GD, I'll make sure and post the link.

d- when a thread moves, UBB automatically locks the originating topic. Stops divergent threads.

I'll monitor it. There's been no lack of traffic since the move. Keep it pumpeed if we have additional questions. Otherwise: we await developments?

EMDII
January 28, 2002, 08:12
PS

rrotz and sparky comprise 12 of the 50 responses to date. There seems to be sufficient interest to keep it 'live' in G/Biy, where it remains topped. meeper (the originator) remains active after the move, and has 5 threads.

There are 7 active posts by others since the move.

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated-
- Mark Twain

RRotz
January 29, 2002, 12:31
GRRRRRR!

EMDII
January 29, 2002, 19:50
And now there are 60 posts.

SOunds alive and well!
:eek:

meeper
January 29, 2002, 22:43
Ted, Thanks just happy to have a place like Fal Files to post. Put it any where you like.
Vern

EMDII
January 29, 2002, 23:33
Vern-

Seriously-

the tagline is here and on the original thread. If you need a different 'state-of-mind', let me know! I think it's working, but I have NO intention of burying it.

RRotz
January 30, 2002, 21:58
Can you hear the sound of teeth grinding in the background?

EMDII
January 31, 2002, 00:43
Like Don Henley said:

"Get over it!"
;)

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: EMDII ]