PDA

View Full Version : Illinois gun laws

Outlander
August 14, 2008, 17:34
Is there any hope of Illinois getting A shall issue law for CCW permits.
I moved away from there 22 years ago. I have been thinking of moving back but the gun laws are giving me second thoughts.
I will never be able to afford to retire here in Florida. I have family and friends in Illinois but I hate to give up my rights in order to live there.
Your thoughts?

Para Driver
August 14, 2008, 19:27
Never
Illinois is occupied enemy territory.. it's lost until Daley is gone..
CCW is blocked 26 ways from hell up there.. I left 15 years ago..

Texas is VERY affordable, probably half of what it costs to live in the Chicago area, and at least on the State Level, gun friendly...

martin35
August 14, 2008, 19:50
Being poor in Texas is so easy most people I know do it,,, but they are packin'. Makes for polite conversation.

Cava3r4
August 14, 2008, 19:59
you can find a reasonable place to live in AZ
depends on where you want to live.
If you choose North Scottsdale or Carefree you are looking at 1 million plus for a poorly constructed house (poor relative to MN and IL standards).
If you choose Mesa (Southeast Phoenix Metro) you can get a nice house for 300K or a trailer in a retired trailer court (with NICE people actually) for 30K
You can buy a real nice brand new house in Maricopa (70 miles Southeast of PHX) for 170K.
Gun laws here are good. Rules of engagement are better then MN. I am not expected to climb out my bedroom window when someone is kicking in the front door!!
HTH
Bob

ar15junkie
August 14, 2008, 20:06
Indiana is gun friendly and right next door to IL.

StarPD
August 14, 2008, 20:12
When Daley is gone, Chicago, and Illinois with it, will remain the same, just like it did when the first Mayor Daley finally croaked. It is so utterly and absolutely completely controlled by the democommie machine, it will never be free.

CCW will happen in Chicago sometime after San Francisco becomes a conservative Republican bastion that rejects homosexuality, hell freezes over, and pigs fly.

And as Chicago goes, so does the rest of Illinois. Heck, even the Illinois Republicans are democommies.

Cav3r4 is right. If you want to live where guns are not considered "evil", and you CAN buy a nice house for a reasonable amount of money, Arizona is your kind of place. Just don't live in North Scottsdale or Carefree.

I left Chicago 34 years ago for Arizona. I have never regretted it, nor has my life ever been as good.

"Go West, young man."

bakerjw
August 15, 2008, 06:00
F*** Illinois the suburb of Chicago. Moved from there 2+ years ago and have never looked back. Go to Indiana as has been suggested.

Muggzy
August 15, 2008, 06:44
I would say.....Unlikely. Until Chicago gets a new Mayor and we get a new Gov'nor it is going to remain the same. Indiana is friendly though, as mentioned
above. We'll continue the fight, though

doodster
August 15, 2008, 08:55
I doubt if the Chicago area will ever get to have CCW, but it is possible that the rest of Illinois may have it sometime in the near future. It has been brought up and is being talked about quite a bit up near the Rockford, IL area in Winnebago county (some w of Chicago). I believe the sheriff up there wants to get it passed and a lot of people I have talked to up there are pretty excited about it. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

Most of Illinois is nothing like Chicago. Mostly cornfields and good country folks. Chicago is like a separate state. It sucks that the rest of the state has to suffer because of the idiots in Chicago.

Blaster
August 15, 2008, 12:36
We moved out of the Chicago Metro area going on fourteen years ago and settled on a little 35 acre ranch out in Colorado. One of the very first things I did on arrival in Colorado was apply and GET a CCW and did NOT have to furnish a "good reason" for the need of one. I just couldn't wait to get the hell out of Illinois with their absolutely goofy firearms laws. Too bad that I still have three grown kids living in Illinois and I am always reluctant to even have an unloaded firearm in my vehicle trunk while going back to visit them. Can't wait for them to get out of Mayor Daley's very own personal State.:mad:

tac-40
August 15, 2008, 15:07
Just got back from visiting my home state (Southern Illinois). Watched the news and it seems that every major politician there is under some form of investigation or indictment.

I can tell from the conversations I had with the "country folk" that they are getting sick and tire of footing the bill for all the Chicago do-nothings waiting for the Democrat dole each month. Maybe change is coming, but for now, I'll still be one of the I'm FROM Illinois boys.

V guy
August 16, 2008, 11:00
The National Trap shooting club the ATA holds its annual "Grand" at Sparta, Illinois during August....there was a lot of resistance to moving there from Dayton Ohio, whre it had been for many decades, due to the Illinois Gun Laws....basically Illinois lets those who attend the grand violate the Illinois gun laws, specifically the Illinois Gun Owner Id Card, during that period of time as long as you are going to the "Grand"....

Outlander
August 16, 2008, 14:12
Thanks fir the input. I guess I will stay away from Illinois for At least A few more years. Texas sounds good If you Texas guys could talk my ex wife into leaving Texas.

Tak
August 17, 2008, 22:12
Originally posted by Outlander
Is there any hope of Illinois getting A shall issue law for CCW permits.
I moved away from there 22 years ago. I have been thinking of moving back but the gun laws are giving me second thoughts.
I will never be able to afford to retire here in Florida. I have family and friends in Illinois but I hate to give up my rights in order to live there.
Your thoughts?

Concealed Carry in IL? Sure, if Cook County falls into the lake and everyone there drowns.