PDA

View Full Version : Delete tool's post!

Stranger
September 14, 2001, 10:54
Delete "Did Satan rear his ugly face?"!! That is out rageous. My young son was in the room when I clicked on that thread! What the hell is the matter with "tool"!?! Am I the only one who found "tool"s picture offensive?

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: Stranger ]

ByronF
September 14, 2001, 14:26
What are you guys freaking out about? Offensive? Do you hens gather your chicks under your wings in the grocery store check-out line? You know, the bat/vampire child escaped from a Chicago hospital. It's all right there in black and white print, right next to the Big League Chew. Someone also saw an image of Mary in their oatmeal.

ByronF
September 14, 2001, 14:53
AAAAAHHH. That is a little....different. I agree entirely in that case. I retract my last.

Stranger
September 14, 2001, 15:21
Yes, the picture has since been changed. Thank you to whoever changed it.

EMDII
September 14, 2001, 15:26
Originally posted by Odd Gibbs Shooter:
<STRONG>Tool had a picture posted of a homo with his XXX wide open !!! He has since edited it out and reposted his original pic...</STRONG>

Oddly, there is no 'edit' trail at Tools's posts. Perhaps you can point me to the specific one wherein we think there's a problem?

We're not omniscient here, and we try to keep things on the level. But we also try to avoid knee-jerk reactions.

I missed something, appraently?

kyle
September 14, 2001, 15:48
Ted...

The picture that's there now is not the one that was there around noon today. I saw the original and obviously a couple of other folks did too.

I agree there's nothing wrong with the current post but you would have been disgusted by the original.

You can believe what you want, but it was there earlier.

ByronF
September 14, 2001, 15:57
I have a theory. I think tool's post was linked to a picture. Just as the original link changed to having a pokeman thing on it, I suspect the webmaster from where it was linked may have had the shot of Uranus posted in the interim. Maybe?

EMDII
September 14, 2001, 17:32
I've done some follow-up, and I'm trying to latch this. In the meantime, let's just let this particular thread die-in-place (DIP). We'll take appropriate action as we can.

Not a question of belief, but perhaps of timing. I was up at 0300, but sound asleep at noon.

Thanks for the feedback. especially since the 'linked' and copyrighted pic has some commentary below it indicating a less-than-normal source.

skfullgun
September 14, 2001, 23:15
Huh?

Jen
September 15, 2001, 00:12
That would explain why I was soo confused when I was emailed to delete the post.. I didn't see anything offensive (bad taste maybe) in the picture with the pokemon in it.. Odds are the image was changed where ever it was hosted at.

EMDII
September 15, 2001, 08:41
That's the danger of linking to an unknown source. The HTML code can be ditched. The CNN.com pic was actually overlaid into some hosted site, and has/had commentary below it that was off-color.

Choose wisely, grasshoppers.