PDA

View Full Version : ATF "Submission Package"

daschnoz
July 31, 2008, 12:41
I plan to do a form 1 suppressor. I am going the revocable trust route.

When I submit my documents to the ATF, do I need to enclose a copy of the trust with the Form 1? If yes, does this need to be a notarized copy, or simply a photocopy of the signed and notarized document?

URBAN ASSAULT
July 31, 2008, 13:36
I just went the Trust route myself, and I didn't send the originals.

The only things that were signed in actual ink was the Form 1, Citizenship document, and cashiers check.

Everything else was a copy, with the originals locked in my safe.

Still waiting for my SBR approval but it has been less than a month since I actually sent it all in, so who knows.

-urban

stimpsonjcat
July 31, 2008, 15:43
You will get answers both ways.

I haven't decided what I will send next time, but probably will not be full trust doc as I have already been approved before on my RLT.

daschnoz
July 31, 2008, 16:09
Originally posted by URBAN ASSAULT
I just went the Trust route myself, and I didn't send the originals.

The only things that were signed in actual ink was the Form 1, Citizenship document, and cashiers check.

Everything else was a copy, with the originals locked in my safe.

Still waiting for my SBR approval but it has been less than a month since I actually sent it all in, so who knows.

-urban

What do I need to do to obtain a citizenship document? - or is it something I can make up that simply says I am a US citizen?

URBAN ASSAULT
July 31, 2008, 17:05
Here is a link to one you can print out.
http://www.titleii.com/pdf/5330-20.pdf

1... should be filled out with the legal name of your Trust.

2... should be filled out with your name on the line.

3... should be filled out with your country of citizenship(United States of America).

Skip down to the bottom, sign & date.

If my information is in error, hopefully someone here will correct it.

-urban

URBAN ASSAULT
September 04, 2008, 00:01
UPDATE...

I just got my Form1 SBR tax stamp for my Bulgy DesertDog AK-74 in the mail today!

I used a Living Trust, and prepared all the paperwork myself using Quicken Willmaker 08.

57 days from when it left my hand at the Post Office till it was approved.

WOOT!

-urban