PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 RECEIVERS - Brit cut

Matt(formerly@)EntrepriseArms
July 29, 2008, 16:20
We are in the process of tooling up right now to make our L1A1 receivers. Feedback from forum members has been that they would like to see the Brit cut vs. the Aussie one.

Since we don't happen to have any original Brit receivers, does anybody have any drawings or good pics as to what the differences between the two are?

moses
July 29, 2008, 16:25
Totally different lightning cuts on the Brit.
You are gonna need a receiver sample to get it right.

Numrich sold some kits a while back that had a major portion of the receiver remaining that was a great example.

SIG552
July 29, 2008, 17:15
Matt,
Here are some images of a BSA receiver (1959 vintage).

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/JesusChrist1000/IMG_3265sm.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/JesusChrist1000/IMG_3267sm.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/JesusChrist1000/IMG_3379sm.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/JesusChrist1000/IMG_3380sm.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/JesusChrist1000/IMG_3381sm.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/JesusChrist1000/IMG_3382sm.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/JesusChrist1000/IMG_3383sm.jpg

These are the small images. I will gladly send you the originals by email if you want.

SIGgie

kalliste
July 29, 2008, 17:32
http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/762.htm

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/slr_L1A1%20Plastic/slr_plastic-4.jpg
http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/slr_L1A1%20Plastic/slr_plastic-2.jpg
http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/SLR%20outfit/SLR_11.jpg
http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/SLR%20outfit/SLR_7.jpg

kalliste
July 29, 2008, 17:43
It occurs to me, gunshops in the UK that do deacts might cut-up receivers from junkers and ship them over to you since they're cutting up guns anyway.

Helson Gunsmiths are a very big operation, for instance:

http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/

http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/shop/images/L1A1.jpg
A shortened version of the standard L1A1. The history of these rifles are unknown other than they arrived with a shorter than standard barrel, in every other respect they are the same as the standard L1A1. (No sling swivels). Deactivated with moving parts, can be stripped down, fitted with black plastic furniture. A must for the UK collection. Only 2 available.
Condition used.

RRotz
July 29, 2008, 17:48
maybe kevin the kiwi has a set of blueprints he can provide? :eek:

otherwise, i would suggest sticking with what you already have cad files for.

pistol5
July 29, 2008, 20:44
Johnny, Have had very poor luck w/email. Are you getting them? 3-4 days ago sent message regarding "inch" cuts-several other emails have had no response. As we've done business satisfactorily several times, am figuring mails are not getting thru. Wendell

sturmgrenadiere
July 29, 2008, 20:49
Contact / PM member Bigger_is_Better, a while back he and I PM'd about this and he mentioned he had demilled sections for pattern.

Greg27
August 03, 2008, 05:31
Hi Matt,
maybe you'll find some useful images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29146434@N07/

If not, feel free to place a note on the exploded view image of anything you'd like a close-up from (given that I feel comfy enough taking my rifle apart to that level as I'm still a bit of a newbie on FAL).

sf46
August 03, 2008, 07:22
Any idea what the cost will be on these receivers? Will they be advertised on your website?

101ABN327
August 03, 2008, 07:46
If this materializes I'm in for two! I think there is sufficient interest in the Brit cut. So much in fact I would wager there would be many replacements done on previous builds, mine included! The Aussie receiver will go on the Aussie rifle!

Prototype Services
August 03, 2008, 07:50
I have large demilled parts, plus....

Matt contact me. Email is best.

Dave

prosecond
August 06, 2008, 21:38
Brit cut receivers! When do you want my credit card number??????

Barbcue
August 06, 2008, 21:46
Now your talkin,
2 Brit and 2 Indian for me thanks !

:D

mrf2
August 06, 2008, 22:24
I have one of your aussie rec that I will replace if you make a brit inch!

mrf2

gomezav
August 06, 2008, 22:33
I'll take three BRITs please.....

thanks,

alex

denny
August 06, 2008, 23:53
Are you going to do Brit markings?
I'm in for one.
Thanks D.

TOM DONIPHON
August 07, 2008, 00:57
It should be possible to import a complete gun with a police letter or buy one from Century also with a police letter.

Prototype Services
August 07, 2008, 07:32
I emailed Matt right after I posted.
Only been 3 workdays, but no reply yet.
He may need to sell the idea to the higher-ups.:confused:

GOVTMOD
August 07, 2008, 08:04
I believe Impact Arms has 3 L. E. only functional rifles. At least the shop that they bought out a couple of years ago did. They were kinda hard to move as the agency that they aquired them from formed them as full autos even though they aren't.

They could probably be talked out of them pretty easily.

August 07, 2008, 11:59
Originally posted by Prototype Services
I emailed Matt right after I posted.
Only been 3 workdays, but no reply yet.
He may need to sell the idea to the higher-ups.:confused:

Sorry, I thought I responded to your email. I've received so many (thanks guys!), I must have lost track.

XHardrock
August 07, 2008, 14:47
I need a Brit.

snogler
August 07, 2008, 15:28
I need a inch reciever. Any cut will work for me, I just need a shooter.
Put me on the list.

tophatjones
August 16, 2008, 04:05
I was considering the DSA inch receiver for my build, but since this is a Brit cut, I may hold out for yours. Is this still in the talks or is it a plan yet? What would your estimate be on wait and price? Thanks!

maximushuntermus
August 17, 2008, 17:21
Put me down for a Brit, Thanks.

101ABN327
August 17, 2008, 17:26
How about a no BS assessment on when these will be ready to sell. I'm in for a couple of Brit cut receivers when you get them ready. I built an L1A1 on your Aussie cut a couple of years ago and it's a great receiver! I've had no problems building on Entreprise!

The main thing here is not to promise something, get everyone's hopes up then not come through. Ask about ORF and their receiver debacle, same with Coonan...

Falfegnügen
August 18, 2008, 18:41
I would ask to put me down for 10 or so, but I called Entreprise today and was told they were not starting a list. Sort of that we needed to just keep calling and asking and maybe we would just get lucky sort of thing then give our serial number for the custom numbers. Didn't sound very likely they were really going to do it. Of course this was just after I called DSA and they about told me to get lost. Monday I guess...

Really, I need a bunch. Got lots of Brit and Indian kits. No receivers.

tracyballard
August 20, 2008, 21:43
I wonder what the price will be? If Entreprise can match CAI's $250 price this could be interesting...

Prototype Services
August 20, 2008, 23:17
Why in the world would Entreprise even attempt to compete with Century?
I would imagine these will be a bit more than their existing Aussie-pattern L1A1 receiver. It will be well worth a small premium.

tracyballard
August 21, 2008, 00:18
why would anyone buy an Entreprise if they don't compete with Century? I only paid $350 for my DSA, if I want to pay that much I'll buy another DSA.

GOVTMOD
August 21, 2008, 07:55
Originally posted by tracyballard
why would anyone buy an Entreprise if they don't compete with Century? I only paid $350 for my DSA, if I want to pay that much I'll buy another DSA. I'll take 3! If you can get DSA Inch at that price I'd like in. I'm not seeing DSA new anything for less $425 these days.

I've used both Century and Entreprise receivers lately. The Entreprise is worth the extra money.

I hope that they do the Brit cuts. It will satisfy a huge gaping hole in the market and there will be plenty of gently used Aussie cuts on the market that will be replaced. DSA will be left holding the bag because they've refused to do Brit cuts and why would anyone pay them $450 for a receiver that they can get for $350 or less slightly used.

tracyballard
August 21, 2008, 09:33
you can order all the receivers you want directly from DSA for $350. That's the falfiles price and the dealer price.

tracyballard
August 21, 2008, 09:36
DSA FALfiles members price (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194182)

GOVTMOD
August 21, 2008, 10:23
Do they have them?

tracyballard
August 21, 2008, 10:28
you will always get what you order, but sometimes you have to wait (could be because they're making NEW FAL's - REAL ones for which they have government orders to fill, that are used by the US Army), sometimes it takes 6 or 8 months like mine, but sometimes they have them in stock and they ship right away. I gather the average wait time is around 3 or 4 months.

GOVTMOD
August 21, 2008, 10:35
so if you like to wait pay for a DSA if you don't pay less for the Entreprise and get it now.... that is if they do the the Brit cut and we have a wave of folks replacing the receivers on their Enfield and BSA kits. You might even get one or two Argies or Imbels, sweet!

tracyballard
August 21, 2008, 10:45
I guess we need to wait and see if Entreprise even makes the Brit cuts, DSA looked into it and decided it involved too many tooling changes and stuck with the Australian style L1A1 receivers.

PS - Matt, I'm not trying to troll your post. I've never had a problem with Entreprise and I congratulate you on further improving your product.

Rudolf
August 21, 2008, 13:36
please make the brit cut please.

August 22, 2008, 17:06
Originally posted by tracyballard
I guess we need to wait and see if Entreprise even makes the Brit cuts, DSA looked into it and decided it involved too many tooling changes and stuck with the Australian style L1A1 receivers.

PS - Matt, I'm not trying to troll your post. I've never had a problem with Entreprise and I congratulate you on further improving your product.

Which is why we are doing the Brit cut - because no one else woud do it. Otherwise we would just be competing with DSA on their Aussie cut vs. our Aussie cut.

GOVTMOD
August 22, 2008, 17:33
Originally posted by Matt@Entreprisearms

Which is why we are doing the Brit cut - because no one else woud do it. Otherwise we would just be competing with DSA on their Aussie cut vs. our Aussie cut. Now that is how it is supposed to be, let them keep building Aussies and you will clean house with the Brits. Best of luck to you.

prosecond
August 23, 2008, 07:42

Which is why we are doing the Brit cut - because no one else woud do it. Otherwise we would just be competing with DSA on their Aussie cut vs. our Aussie cut.

Holy crap!!!! This is fantastic news. I already have several of your receivers and look forward to a brit cut receiver.

Artful
August 23, 2008, 13:36
Oh, I have a L1A1 kit in the garage - where do we sign up :D

novalondon
August 23, 2008, 14:09
Once these "BRIT" cuts are available will your "AUSSIE" cut still be available as well?
Hopefully they will be so we all can have a choice if need be.:shades:[B]

August 23, 2008, 18:12
Originally posted by novalondon
Once these "BRIT" cuts are available will your "AUSSIE" cut still be available as well?
Hopefully they will be so we all can have a choice if need be.:shades:[B]

Yes, we will actually do both about the same time.

prosecond
August 23, 2008, 20:01

Yes, we will actually do both about the same time.

You counldn't tell us when that might be could you?

101ABN327
September 21, 2008, 10:28
What is the latest on the Brit Cut receivers?

101ABN327
September 21, 2008, 11:17
Are they going to do this, or not. There have been some empty promises here on receivers. We need to keep the pressure on.

adam762
September 21, 2008, 12:38
Well... I can tell you that they have a Brit receiver (in sections, perhaps, but 'complete' otherwise) in hand. Matt said somewhere just this last week that they just received the castings and were intending to start work immediately. I think it was actually in the thread about the Israeli receiver.

From the folks I've talked to, I think they're serious. Boy oh boy, I sure hope so.

Yeah, here it is... at the bottom. http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241799

101ABN327
September 21, 2008, 13:25
Well, I'm sorry to hear that they were so crappy, but yes, we have made changes to our casting procedures.

Speaking of which, we just got our castings in for our L1A1 receivers yesterday! We are starting work on them tomorrow!

Matt,

How about some pics of thee receivers! We are all very excited, however with reserved optimism...

There have been lots of promises, not from you, in the past that has us all kind of guarded.

Pics of the castings would be great!

prosecond
September 21, 2008, 14:45
Bring them on!

101ABN327
September 22, 2008, 17:44
Matt! Are you out there? How about some production information? Pics?

snogler
September 22, 2008, 20:17
Oh Boy
Bring em on.

101ABN327
October 01, 2008, 17:32
Where are we on this???

October 01, 2008, 17:50
Sorry, I was out sick for a week. No pics yet, as none have been finished yet.

fal fiend
October 06, 2008, 19:22
if u make these brit uppers, what kind of price will they be ?

fal fiend
October 07, 2008, 06:27
well i guess i unofficial want 1,,lol :D

tracyballard
October 07, 2008, 12:23
I see they have a mention of the brit cut receivers on entreprise's SGN ad now.

nebula8080
October 28, 2008, 11:35
So I got my name on the list for one of these finally and the woman I spoke to mentioned you are building brit rifles as well. What I failed to ask her though was about the compliance parts....

I have a 100% complete UB61 kit that I'm thinking about sending in to you guys as the basis for the build. If I do that, what parts are you going to be replacing for compliance? Should I send in a US inch set of Hammer/Trigger/Sear/Piston (plus your receiver + US mag parts to hit 7) or are you also cooking up some US make inch parts? If so..what are they?

I do not want US made furniture as I have a set of UB61 marked wood coming from L/FN that I want to use.

Thanks in advance -

tracyballard
October 28, 2008, 11:44
your options will be limited if you want to use original furniture, you'll have to use 6 of these 7 US made hammer, trigger, sear, gas piston, flash hider, cocking handle, magazine floorplate. If you could find a US made Mag follower or a US made bolt or bolt carrier those parts would work too.

BUFF
October 28, 2008, 12:17
Or a U.S. made barrel.

tracyballard
October 28, 2008, 12:24
if you're going to buy a new US barrel there's no reason to build from a kit in the first place, it's cheaper just to buy all new parts, or even cheaper just to buy a new rifle from Atlantic for $989.

nebula8080
October 28, 2008, 13:27
right I understand what I need.... My question is what US parts (if any) is entreprise arms planning to provide/manufacture? The question is more for Matt. I could call back, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one who would be interested in this info...thus the public post.

My barrel is original brit and I have no plans on replacing that. I can get inch H/T/S from gunthings. I have a US piston and floor plates I could use....

I guess really that leaves the carrier, as I'm not willing to swap out the F.S. either.

BUFF
October 28, 2008, 13:58
Clearly I'm not Matt but just trying to give you options until he can answer your questions.

ARS bought some inch pattern 'fake brakes' that FSE made and then cut out the slots to make them into flash hiders. They look really authentic and accept inch bayonets. I have one.

As with most things FAL, we are cheap bastages mostly and these didn't sell well until you couldn't get them anymore. Gunplumber didn't convert all of them and then sold the non-modified ones as 'closeouts' a while back. You might check with him and see of he has any left.

FSE sold them directly before that and, before that, Dan Richardson at VOW made some that looked correct except for the bayonet lug not being there.

Lots of us FALFilers bought stuff for FALs that we didn't need at the moment and have stashed them away.

I would put a "want to buy" ad in Marketplace and ask to buy one. Somebody will probably have one they will sell you.

Same thing with inch folding cocking handles. FSE and VOW made them at one time. I needed one this spring, posted a WTB and got several offers.

It would be great if Enteprise made some authentic looking inch compliance parts. We can get mag floorplates, h/t/s sets and gas pistons readily. A new muzzle device, be it a brake or flash hider, would be great.

I know there is a market, I just don't know how big it is.

Good luck!

nebula8080
October 28, 2008, 14:42
Thanks for the info on the flash hiders buff. Any pics you can post up?

BUFF
October 28, 2008, 17:37
Camera-less, sorry.

mrf2
November 10, 2008, 12:31
Has anyone been able to get a look at one of these receivers yet?

mrf2

November 11, 2008, 01:53
Originally posted by nebula8080
right I understand what I need.... My question is what US parts (if any) is entreprise arms planning to provide/manufacture? The question is more for Matt. I could call back, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one who would be interested in this info...thus the public post.

My barrel is original brit and I have no plans on replacing that. I can get inch H/T/S from gunthings. I have a US piston and floor plates I could use....

I guess really that leaves the carrier, as I'm not willing to swap out the F.S. either.

The whole EAI building and selling built L1A1 rifles is a new development. We didn't even have a line on kits until last week.

As far as U.S. parts, we haven't even begun to sort that out yet. I have no idea if we will try to make some, or just use other aftermarket parts. The problem is the tooling for making parts is very, very expensive. I'm not sure we have nearly enough kits to make it worth our while to make parts for them.

So when we figure that part out, we'll let you guys know.

As far as the receivers go, no one has seen one yet because the first batch hasn't finished being machined yet. Getting close, though. Keep in mind our first batch is for "testing only," and we expect our receivers to be ready for shipping early next year.

nebula8080
November 11, 2008, 06:04
Thanks for the info matt. I'm just going to hold out for the receiver. I've got a H/T/S inch (US made) from gunthings which is really nice. That + your receiver, US piston, US charging handle from SLR-5000, + inch US floor plates puts me in good shape.

Looking forward to the receiver!!

November 11, 2008, 13:00
To add to my last post, we talked about it today and if we do in fact put some together, we will use Century parts. I know its not everybody's first choice, but its easier for us.

fal fiend
November 14, 2008, 06:07
any chance these being done before obama takes office ?

prosecond
November 14, 2008, 10:36
I want two receivers. I have not called an gotten on any list. Is the only reason for the list is to get an estimate of demand? I agree with the previous post I think it would be a very good idea to have these completed before January 20, 2009. If it does make a difference I will call with my cc info for two receivers.

Falfegnügen
November 14, 2008, 18:24
Please hurry. Did anyone else notice what happened last week?

Falfegnügen
November 14, 2008, 18:27
I want two receivers. I have not called an gotten on any list. Is the only reason for the list is to get an estimate of demand? ...

What list? I've called at least 4 times over the past year and each time I'be been told there is no list. I've asked emphatically, and told absolutely "There is no list". What's really happening Matt??

101ABN327
November 15, 2008, 16:46
Is this going to happen, or what???

DakTo
November 15, 2008, 16:59
Hey Matt, Onyx used to put a special serial numbers on each Issy receiver on demand. For a slight extra charge of course.

How about bringing this up at your next department meeting. Just might be a vehicle for EAI to make a few more bucks and also make a hell of a lot of L1A1 owners happy.

November 15, 2008, 17:08
The "list" thing is a sore subject for me. Let me go on the record and say that I do not want to have any sort of list, and neither does other people that work here. But someone else does, so basically, if you want to call and be put on a list, we will take down your name and information, but not your money. I am not sure if this "list" is going to work in the sense that I don't know if it will keep track of who ordered first, etc. I cannot gurantee that you will get a receiver from our first batch or batches, no can I gurantee that somebody else who calls and has their name put on the list after you doesn't get their receiver first.

I think the way it will end up working is that when we have receivers availible to ship, we will print it out and start calling people to see if they want it. We have guys who want to buy 20-50 receivers at a time, so I'm afraid the first batch of 200 will sell out pretty quickly. But I don't know for sure, and unfortunately thats the best answer I can give you. I also don't know that the final price will be as there is still disagreement on what it should be.

This is what I can tell you all about the project:

1. We will be producing the Brit cut receiver first, followed by the Aussie cut. There will be limited runs of each style.

2. There will be a parkerized finish for both receivers.

3. We expect to have them ready sometime between Jan-Feb 2009.

4. Anybody wanting to be placed on a "list" should ask to speak to Walter.

5. Retail pricing is unknown at the moment. There will be dealer pricing availible.

6. Deposits will not be taken.

7. Priority for the inch receivers will be given to those customers who ship us their kits for assembly with our receivers.

Thats what I've been told, any questions feel free to PM me.

November 15, 2008, 18:25
Yes, I have been floating that idea around here (Entreprise) for a while now. I want to be able to do something for you guys here on the Files, so I think there is a good chance that we will be able to do a custom serial number for a nominal fee. I really wanted it to be free, but I'm not sure if I can swing that because I'm pretty sure everybody is gonna want one, and its pretty time consuming to do. That translates into paying somebody to sit there for 8 hours a day engraving the serial numbers. But I am working on it, and I really hope to be able to do something.

Originally posted by DakTo
Hey Matt, Onyx used to put a special serial numbers on each Issy receiver on demand. For a slight extra charge of course.

How about bringing this up at your next department meeting. Just might be a vehicle for EAI to make a few more bucks and also make a hell of a lot of L1A1 owners happy.

adam762
November 16, 2008, 07:55
Matt, you sure have put a better customer service face on Entreprise. We know you don't control production, and we know it's hard to be caught in in the middle like you are. Thanks for taking the time and effort to bring some of our desires to the decision makers there, and to bring their decisions and timelines back to us here.

I sincerely hope this project bears fruit in time for there to be a significant quantity of these produced. I guess we will all see.

1gewehr
December 05, 2008, 11:44
Matt, thanks for keeping us informed. I've got a kit and spares ready for this project. Anyone know where to find good barrels at a decent price? Somehow, original L1A1 barrels for $300+ makes this a pretty expensive prospect.

December 05, 2008, 14:30
Unfortunately, I don't have a good lead on barrels. Thats the big downside to the Inch kits right now.

prosecond
December 05, 2008, 14:34
For what iit is worth I called today and had my name put on the list. I was told the end of January and was given an order number. No deposit was taken.

101ABN327
December 13, 2008, 09:04
Anything yet???

billh1963
December 13, 2008, 13:07
Originally posted by prosecond
For what iit is worth I called today and had my name put on the list. I was told the end of January and was given an order number. No deposit was taken.

+1

prosecond
December 13, 2008, 19:18
I think Matt said earlier he didn't want to be involved with any waiting list. I think I can see why. I wouldn't sweat it, I would assume you guys are ahead of me and the person I talked to just didn't know what they were talking about.

nebula8080
December 13, 2008, 20:12
Originally posted by 101ABN327
Anything yet???

They said Jan/Feb. Also rifle builds get first dibs.

I, like others, are whispering sweet nothings of "some day soon" to my brit kit..... ;)

kmurphy
December 16, 2008, 00:39
cant wait to see what the deal is

i want one

nebula8080
January 02, 2009, 10:30
2009 bump! Any pics yet? :)

GM4spd
January 04, 2009, 12:11
2009 bump! Any pics yet? :)

Entreprise has been closed for the holidays--should reopen tomorrow
5th--HTH, Pete in SOCAL

msnyder
January 17, 2009, 22:16
^^

Headhunter11
January 17, 2009, 22:26
I called them yesterday,told me 200 would be released sometime February.

billh1963
February 05, 2009, 09:15
Any updates?

prosecond
February 05, 2009, 14:25
It's February 5th.

February 05, 2009, 15:11
Prototypes are done, and should be shipped out next week to a couple of people for testing.

Assuming all goes well, they will be released to the public immediately after that.

GOVTMOD
February 05, 2009, 18:21
I'll take this one.....

PICS????????

tracyballard
February 05, 2009, 18:23
I volunteer to do any testing needed, no charge.:)

nebula8080
February 08, 2009, 07:22
This is good to hear for sure. Do you have a ballpark on pricing and how much extra you'll be charging for the custom serial number?

Beyond_Visual_Range
February 14, 2009, 17:36
btt, just thought to keep this alive. any news on price?

101ABN327
February 15, 2009, 12:32
Prototypes are done, and should be shipped out next week to a couple of people for testing.

Assuming all goes well, they will be released to the public immediately after that.

Were any photos taken of the "prototypes" and were any of these receivers sent to Files members for evaluation? I twouild make sense that someone here have the opportunity to render a fair evaluation of the Brit cut receiver, since it was US who asked for it.

Entreprise has a photo of a Brit cut receiver in all their Shotgun News ads. Is that a production receiver of an original photo, placed for "reference"? I'm starting to get that old ORF feeing again... I hope I'm wrong.

February 15, 2009, 13:29
The shotgun news ad pic is one of our old Aussie cut L1A1 receivers - which was placed for reference since we hadn't finished any of our prototypes yet.

We have only finished our new Brit cut prototypes, and not our Aussie ones yet.

I'll post a couple of pics of our Brit cut receivers next week, but please keep in mind people that these are the first ones to roll off the machines, and we already have some things we are going to change on it. We are, of course, open to suggestions and feedback.

February 15, 2009, 13:31
Oh, I forgot to mention that the people who are testing the receivers for us are ALL Falfiles members. Who else would we get?

101ABN327
February 15, 2009, 16:57
This is encouraging. Thanks for the update.

Falfegnügen
February 15, 2009, 19:37
Thanks Matt! I certainly appreciate the update and all the effort you guys have put forth on this project.

I look very forward to seeing these, hoping there are enough available that I can let go of some nice Brit kits with the knowledge they will be built with a proper receiver. Please keep us updated.

goodorbit
February 16, 2009, 09:13
Oh, I forgot to mention that the people who are testing the receivers for us are ALL Falfiles members. Who else would we get?

Nicely done!

kmurphy
February 16, 2009, 21:23
I look forward to when they come out

Abominog
February 16, 2009, 22:57
There are reviews, which GP does well.

And then there are tests. You should have given one to Good Orbit. Now, that would be a test!

prosecond
February 17, 2009, 07:47
Thanks!

February 25, 2009, 14:10
Ok, if you haven't seen them already, our pics of our NEW Brit cut L1A1 receiver are up on our website here: http://www.entreprise.com/Fal/L1A1receivers.htm

Please disregard the pics of the Aussie cut receiver beneath it, as that is old stock photos and not our new one, as we have not made the Aussie cut receiver yet.

prosecond
February 25, 2009, 14:16
Looks good. I did clicked the buy now link and didn't see where to buy. You might delete the link until they are ready.

dirtyrice
February 25, 2009, 14:20
wow entreprise finally going in an awesome direction. They look good. I already like that you guys made israeli pattern fal receivers.

billh1963
February 25, 2009, 14:37
Looks good. I did clicked the buy now link and didn't see where to buy. You might delete the link until they are ready.

I just used the "buy now" and everything went through.

darkstarmedia
February 25, 2009, 14:46
Originally posted by Sudden Death

GunPlumber is currently working on an evaluation, hope that it goes well!

SD

Just got an email from Mark (GunPlumber).... he has not seen them...

Richard

darkstarmedia
February 25, 2009, 14:51
Originally posted by billh1963

I just used the "buy now" and everything went through.

Watch out, when you add it to the cart you are adding "Entreprise Type 3 Metric Receiver" not the Brit

Richard

kalliste
February 25, 2009, 15:06
You'll need to blast off the park before you paint them with black enamel.

billh1963
February 25, 2009, 15:36
Originally posted by darkstarmedia

Watch out, when you add it to the cart you are adding "Entreprise Type 3 Metric Receiver" not the Brit

Richard

Thanks for the heads up!

FULLMETALJACKET
February 25, 2009, 16:15
Receivers look great!, Can't wait to here the reviews, I have an early Buena Park Entreprise L1A1 receiver and it is a piece of art.

February 25, 2009, 18:13

Thanks for the heads up on the link - I'll pass that along and have it removed.

February 25, 2009, 18:15

Just got an email from Mark (GunPlumber).... he has not seen them...

Richard

Correct. We just touched base to see if he was interested (and he is!), but the first prototypes had a few issues that we needed to fix. We are working on our next set of prototypes, and we'll be sending those out when they are ready.

nebula8080
February 25, 2009, 19:09
I have a question -- so if we were on "the list" should we stay on the list until you guys call us or should we do the "buy it now" on the website?

darkstarmedia
February 25, 2009, 20:11

Correct. We just touched base to see if he was interested (and he is!), but the first prototypes had a few issues that we needed to fix. We are working on our next set of prototypes, and we'll be sending those out when they are ready.

<clap clap clap> Thank you for not making us beta testers... I am glad you are testing and I am ok to wait 3-4 weeks for an improved product.

Richard

February 25, 2009, 22:00
I have a question -- so if we were on "the list" should we stay on the list until you guys call us or should we do the "buy it now" on the website?

No, don't use the buy it now button. When we are ready to do the first batch of shipping, we will sort the orders by date ordered and ship to those who ordered first. We will continue to do that until all backorders are filled, then will process the newer orders when we begin accepting payment.

Rudolf
February 25, 2009, 23:13
Hi matt, what is the process once again?

Call and put your name on the list or what?

the gman
February 26, 2009, 00:10
I have also been promised one of the receivers for review & I'll be comparing it to the original blueprints I own & building a kit on it. Biggest problem is choosing which Brit kit to use........:p :p

Got some RG to test it with too....:bigangel:

darkstarmedia
February 26, 2009, 00:35
Originally posted by Rudolf
Hi matt, what is the process once again?

Call and put your name on the list or what?

Yeah, call... you don't even need a CC

Richard

sturmgrenadiere
February 26, 2009, 22:43
I made this its own thread without thinking. But this is something I request to be addressed on the accuracy of the receiver.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2518491#post2518491

Regards

Ben

darkstarmedia
March 16, 2009, 17:22
Well I called to see about the status of the brit cut receivers and a very nice lady came back with a short answer.... THEY'RE DONE!

BUT there is a catch... the first run are only for in house kits.....:mad: but they do have them in house and completed. I was told that they will be printing the back order list in the next week or two and I assume that means they will start working their way down it.... I was also told to expect a posting from Matt at the end of the month...

Richard

heron163
March 18, 2009, 18:44
looks like I need to get on "the list":D

nebula8080
April 02, 2009, 20:21
anyone on the back order list get "the call" yet?

darkstarmedia
April 02, 2009, 21:35
nope

how about an update Matt...

Beyond_Visual_Range
April 02, 2009, 23:52
anything new? Or comparison to the actual British spec?

April 05, 2009, 19:29
Originally posted by Beyond_Visual_Range
anything new? Or comparison to the actual British spec?

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255751&perpage=50&pagenumber=1

OrenT
April 07, 2009, 10:32
I've tried buying parts from Helston, they will NOT ship ANYTHING to the US. They had some swivels and sights I wanted for building sporting rifles but refuse to do any shipping to the US.

Oren T

Originally posted by kalliste
It occurs to me, gunshops in the UK that do deacts might cut-up receivers from junkers and ship them over to you since they're cutting up guns anyway.

Helson Gunsmiths are a very big operation, for instance:

http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/

goinmobile
April 08, 2009, 12:28
I ordered A couple of Brit cut L1A1 receivers today (April 8th) and they guy said they would ship in at least a month .
He also said they would be making at least 200.
Todd

woodie
April 10, 2009, 01:18
Sounds like the same old enterprise, late on deliveries and sending out bad products.

April 14, 2009, 11:49
Originally posted by woodie
Sounds like the same old enterprise, late on deliveries and sending out bad products.

We are late on delivery so that we can put out a good product, not a bad one. Despite being behind schedule by quite a bit, and customer's demands for the product asap, we are holding off until we can put out a final product that everyone will be happy with. For example, on the thread I posted the link to above, a forum member noticed that our mag well lightening cut was not quite as long as the origional, and asked if we could extend it. We checked it out, and made the adjustment so that our newest generation prototype actually has the longer cut.

What we don't want to do (as has happened in the past) is cave to demands and rush to production, only to find out there were issues with the product later.

Don't you think its a good idea to take the time and try to do it right?

We apologize to all those who are patiently waiting, and I hope that you will bear with us.

Thorack
April 14, 2009, 12:08
Matt,

Speaking for myself, I dont mind waiting for a good product plus its lets me get a primo kit together. I think most of the angst is not knowing when the next Assualt Weapons ban is going to fall. I know it wont be immediatetly go into affect but I sure know the price increases will be close to immediate.

Thanks
Thorack

prosecond
April 14, 2009, 20:37
Thanks for the update.

Brian in MN
April 16, 2009, 08:42
Don't let them wear you down, Matt. Most of us want quality, not speed and are very content to wait until you are happy with your product.

Thanks for extending the lightening cut!!

sturmgrenadiere
April 17, 2009, 07:42
Indeed, we'll wait if the end product is a good one.

fal fiend
April 17, 2009, 09:00
waiting ?? like u have a choice,lol

Clonehead
April 18, 2009, 13:52

Don't you think its a good idea to take the time and try to do it right?

We apologize to all those who are patiently waiting, and I hope that you will bear with us.

Hey Matt, how long after you finish up the Brit-cut receivers before the Aussie -cut ones will be ready?

Thanks.

paladin
April 29, 2009, 11:16
Any news?....Andy:bow:

darkstarmedia
May 14, 2009, 16:38
so... it's been a month since the last update.... how we doing....

Richard

EDT: nevermind http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=261964

JohnnyReb
May 19, 2009, 16:44
I got on the list today too. Does anybody know if these will need a breeching washer ?

nebula8080
June 16, 2009, 04:10
Have you guys started fulfilling orders with the custom serial numbers yet?

Thanks -

MAINER
June 16, 2009, 08:34
Originally posted by JohnnyReb
I got on the list today too. Does anybody know if these will need a breeching washer ?

Yes, if you use a Commonwealth made barrel.

101ABN327
June 24, 2009, 19:59
Hey Entreprise... Do we have a product yet???

garandguy10
June 24, 2009, 21:20
Originally posted by 101ABN327
Hey Entreprise... Do we have a product yet???

Looks like vapor ware to me.

thedrickel
June 24, 2009, 21:42
Relax guys, last I heard from Matt is that they're working on them and really want them to come out right.

prosecond
July 11, 2009, 18:20
Any news?

cowbilly
July 12, 2009, 09:40
I ordered one 3 July and was told shipping was about 2 months out. I'm sure that time frame was a "guesstimation".

C2A1
July 12, 2009, 11:27
I ordered last Dec. Checked in early last week and was told look for them in about two-three weeks.

biyf
July 12, 2009, 11:29
I have a brit L1A1 built up on one of the evaluation samples.

All I can say is: Have patience guys. I have no complaints about the evaluation sample at all. Fit and finish are good all around. The mag well lightning cut has a small imperfection milling line in it is the only bad thing I've seen. I'd imagine Enterprise is resolving that and perhaps other small issues before issuing to the general public.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/davidboltz/fal/033.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/davidboltz/fal/035.jpg

101ABN327
July 18, 2009, 14:14
Anything yet???

Entreprise! Are you out there???

snogler
July 25, 2009, 11:32
I received my L1A1 upper from Entreprise with the new brit receiver installed on the kit a couple weeks ago and installed it on my aussy lower for a fit check. It all went together fine and looks good. I have not shot it yet as it is out of compliance but will soon. Just thought you all need to know that they (brit receivers) must be available. Cheers!

P.S. custom s/n matching the lower.

July 28, 2009, 00:19
Originally posted by snogler
I received my L1A1 upper from Entreprise with the new brit receiver installed on the kit a couple weeks ago and installed it on my aussy lower for a fit check. It all went together fine and looks good. I have not shot it yet as it is out of compliance but will soon. Just thought you all need to know that they (brit receivers) must be available. Cheers!

P.S. custom s/n matching the lower.

No, they are not! I found out last week one of our gunsmiths (who had been layed off then brought back) was somehow unaware that we had not released the receivers yet, so he started assembling kits that customers had sent on the receivers. HOLY CRAP! I had no idea, and neither did he! He said nobody told him, and he just did his job.

So if the receivers work and you are happy with them, great! If not, well we will cross that bridge when we come to it.....

snogler
August 08, 2009, 16:33
Lucky me.

snogler
August 25, 2009, 13:11
bump for new info.

101ABN327
August 29, 2009, 06:11
Anything yet???

Entreprise! Are you out there???

snogler
August 29, 2009, 06:14
he spends a lot of time at calguns.net forums.

101ABN327
August 30, 2009, 19:53
Has this project fallen on it's face?

prosecond
August 30, 2009, 20:01
I am a sure thing for two if they ever produce them. I have spent the money I had put aside for them but I guess I can find it again somewhere.

snogler
August 30, 2009, 20:05
I dont ,now, Did gunplumber get a receiver for testing? And others to evalueate? Just wondering. Matt at calguns says its gonna go. Hmmmmmmm!
Guess its all top secrete but i got mine.

darkstarmedia
August 30, 2009, 20:23
I heard he got 2...

Richard

NC Rifleman
September 04, 2009, 21:59
Anyone else been able to get one yet? I set the money aside when I first heard about them but just spent it on an FN49. My Brit kit has been waiting for years to be rebuilt and don't really want to have to get a DSA. (nothing against DSA, just would prefer a Brit cut one)

prosecond
September 04, 2009, 22:02
I had DSA receivers set aside for my brit kits and decided to build them as aussie's since entreprise was making brit's. I did spend th money finally too but have saved up more.

I want brit receivers BAD.

FUUN063
September 04, 2009, 23:08
Anyone heard from or spoken with Matt @Entreprise lately? I have money burnin' a hole and it's almost to the skin!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wish they would get em' done already.:fal:

101ABN327
September 13, 2009, 14:42
Entreprise dudes... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, OVER?

Is the project alive? How about a SITREP???

neilemore
October 19, 2009, 00:44
I want one:cry:

pryde
October 19, 2009, 11:48
Entreprise is in the middle of moving their operation to another warehouse down the street so they are probably too busy with that on their minds at the moment.

darkstarmedia
October 19, 2009, 12:29
IIRC they also posted in another thread that they are starting over again with a new casting house because 90% of the castings they were receiving were bad.... ETA was reset to Q1 of 2010.... this was a real bummer for me cause I sold my DSA a few days before I found this out.

Richard

Story
October 19, 2009, 19:14
because 90% of the castings they were receiving were bad.

Considering the wecsog skills that hang out on these forums and that some FalFilers are ready to whittle uppers out of railroad track like they were Pakistani gunsmiths, what does "bad" entail?

Hootsmon
October 19, 2009, 22:39
Considering the wecsog skills that hang out on these forums and that some FalFilers are ready to whittle uppers out of railroad track like they were Pakistani gunsmiths, what does "bad" entail?

Hmmmm.... tell us more about this railroad track idea of yours?

IRONWORKER
October 22, 2009, 00:00
IIRC they also posted in another thread that they are starting over again with a new casting house because 90% of the castings they were receiving were bad.... ETA was reset to Q1 of 2010.... this was a real bummer for me cause I sold my DSA a few days before I found this out.

Richard

That's why Enterprise should say the hell with the castings & make them from bar stock like they used to! - I understand the bottom line is the profit margin but why not produce the best you can, some extra CNC operations to get the bar stock blank ruffed in would obviously cost more money, time is money and IMHO a 90% rejection rate because of porous castings cost them a hell of alot more time & money than making a billet receiver would have - I'm in no hurry now because i gave up on the waiting game & bought a DSA Aussie cut but i would like to see some more QUALITY receivers on the market.

paul87buick
November 04, 2009, 23:51
Make em out of bar stock make them right :fal: :love:

Pluribus
November 05, 2009, 00:09
Originally posted by Story

I too am curios. I've built a couple of the FAC/DCI bohicas from way back and, they came out great, several Centuries came out good too.

I'd consider a "blem" Brit cut too.

mp
November 07, 2009, 18:32
You guys really need to relaxe and let Entreprise finish their move and retooling. I seriously doubt they went through all that work to make a Brit receiver, only to shitcan the entire project. There is proof that they have a Brit design--it is just no some prototype photos and the shop manager's word.

Let them get moved, get into a battle rythym, and I am sure they will revamp the Brit receiver and make it available to all of us waiting.

snogler
November 07, 2009, 20:01
see post 154, Lucky me!

Story
November 10, 2009, 20:51
Originally posted by Hootsmon

Hmmmm.... tell us more about this railroad track idea of yours?

This rant - not mine - should answer your questions.

Narrowing our focus to the region of Afghanistan and the Khyber Pass, we find another unique set of circumstances. Besides a traditional hatred for foreigners, even more than for neighbors, folks in that region have a love of firearms of any type, and welcome excuses to use them.

Catering to this demand, local artisans have made the town of Darra a center of gun manufacture. Shops there are not quite as advanced as the Connecticut River valley, and probably not much more technologically advanced than a Junior High School shop class in Appalachia of the depression era. Machinery is extremely limited, often hand powered lathes or drills, and the most common tools are files, hammers, chisels, and more files.

Raw materials are somewhat primitive, generally whatever can be purchased locally, or rails stolen from nearby railroad tracks when a train is not sitting on them.

Designs over the last century or so have evolved from flintlocks to Martini single shots, to Lee Enfield bolt actions to Kalashnikov clones. Handguns offered include every imaginable (and sometime even unimaginable) design of single shot, revolver, semi auto, and perhaps full auto pistol. Of course, these are all clearly marked, sometimes exactly as the arm they were copied from, often with fairly close imitations, and sometimes with a mystical cryptical mix and match of impossible combinations. (Crown and VR plus FN Browning and Mauser Oberndorf on a S&W style revolver?).

The Harvard of WECSOG
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41762000/jpg/_41762134_guns2_203.jpg
http://www.cqj.dk/foto/asiamix/darra-guns.jpg
http://img3.travelblog.org/Photos/33578/192703/t/1435475-Gun-shop-Darra-0.jpg
http://media.lonelyplanet.com/lpimg/97/97-5/preview.jpg

DakTo
November 14, 2009, 08:33
Story, did they also make the Indian FAL's?:eek:

Pluribus
November 14, 2009, 12:20
Originally posted by Story

This rant - not mine - should answer your questions.

Narrowing our focus to the region of Afghanistan and the Khyber Pass, we find another unique set of circumstances. Besides a traditional hatred for foreigners, even more than for neighbors, folks in that region have a love of firearms of any type, and welcome excuses to use them.

Catering to this demand, local artisans have made the town of Darra a center of gun manufacture. Shops there are not quite as advanced as the Connecticut River valley, and probably not much more technologically advanced than a Junior High School shop class in Appalachia of the depression era. Machinery is extremely limited, often hand powered lathes or drills, and the most common tools are files, hammers, chisels, and more files.

Raw materials are somewhat primitive, generally whatever can be purchased locally, or rails stolen from nearby railroad tracks when a train is not sitting on them.

Designs over the last century or so have evolved from flintlocks to Martini single shots, to Lee Enfield bolt actions to Kalashnikov clones. Handguns offered include every imaginable (and sometime even unimaginable) design of single shot, revolver, semi auto, and perhaps full auto pistol. Of course, these are all clearly marked, sometimes exactly as the arm they were copied from, often with fairly close imitations, and sometimes with a mystical cryptical mix and match of impossible combinations. (Crown and VR plus FN Browning and Mauser Oberndorf on a S&W style revolver?).

The Harvard of WECSOG
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41762000/jpg/_41762134_guns2_203.jpg
http://www.cqj.dk/foto/asiamix/darra-guns.jpg
http://img3.travelblog.org/Photos/33578/192703/t/1435475-Gun-shop-Darra-0.jpg
http://media.lonelyplanet.com/lpimg/97/97-5/preview.jpg

So, how about we take up a collection to sponsor a couple of these guys to immigrate to the U.S. We can set them up in the most remote part of the Flint Hills right next to some abandoned ATSF train tracks so they can set to whittlin'. Plenty of good hard wood available for the forge, good spring water and, far enough away so you don't hear the wailin' eva' morning and evening.

:shades:

:uhoh:

paul87buick
November 14, 2009, 17:45
I want four brit cut rec:cry: