PDA

View Full Version : This is the antigun extreme mindset we have to deal with...

Manedwolf
July 28, 2008, 08:17
This was posted on the Chicago Tribune comment section in response to the Tennessee church shooting with a shotgun.

Jaclyn
Chicago, IL

We need to take away all guns to stop this insane national crisis of life destruction. It'd need to be done forcibly with search warrants for all Americans of every race, that's the only way to get the 200 million or so guns out of the hands of potential massacre makers like this kook. Police/military doing house to house searches to confiscate all guns. After that anybody caught even carrying a gun or hiding it in his house goes to prison for life. Period. No parole, no nothing. That's the only way to make America safe from this sickness of gun massacring crazies and animal gangbangers and drunken-doped up shooters that litter our innocent streets with bullets.

They will never rest. Obama will listen to them, they are his base. Remember that.

vmtz
July 28, 2008, 08:26
Gosh, I am so glad that the Repub candidate has never said anything about that gunshow loophole.

Fr. Vince

Manedwolf
July 28, 2008, 08:35
Originally posted by vmtz
Gosh, I am so glad that the Repub candidate has never said anything about that gunshow loophole.

Fr. Vince

You know what? That's a minor annoyance in comparison. Obama is for permanent AWB, ban on all semiautos, and national ban on CCW. Feinstein, Schumer et al would write it, he would campaign for it, he would sign it.

If you can't see the "greater evil" there, your perception is way off. And please don't get into irrelevant third-party nutters who didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. We have two candidates. It'll be one or the other. Deal.

vmtz
July 28, 2008, 08:40
Don't forget Shrub's "if it crosses my desk I'll sign it."

Don't be thick.

Fr. Vince

Manedwolf
July 28, 2008, 09:44

Don't be thick.

Fr. Vince

And that's worse than Obama's "these weapons belong on foreign battlefields, not on our streets"?

Who are you fighting, here? Whose side? Why on earth would you attack the lesser of two evils? That makes no sense at all.

vmtz
July 28, 2008, 09:48
I don't know about you, but rape is rape and betrayal is betrayal.

I fail to see the hysterics.

Fr. Vince

ThunderGod
July 28, 2008, 10:08
Give it 2 years past January '09, vince. There'll be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the vmtz and DABTL households. Strangely, although the schadenfreude will run high, none of us will be laughing.

Be careful what you wish for;
Be wary of what you push for;
You just might get it from both ends.:eek:

kalliste
July 28, 2008, 10:12
Fr Vince gets it. The lesser of two evils is still evil. If any of you think McLame would do anything other than stab gun-owners in the back, you're crazier than the average Obama supporter.

Not that I have a dog in this fight but it would be great if McLame got Prez so I could say, "I told you so."

Manedwolf
July 28, 2008, 10:44
Originally posted by kalliste
Fr Vince gets it. The lesser of two evils is still evil. If any of you think McLame would do anything other than stab gun-owners in the back, you're crazier than the average Obama supporter.

Not that I have a dog in this fight but it would be great if McLame got Prez so I could say, "I told you so."

So you'd rather have Obama elected? :confused:

What's better, a third-rate fireman or a first-rate arsonist?

fastfreddy
July 28, 2008, 11:08

Don't be thick.

Fr. Vince

Look here..... Vince called the President "shrub".

He's very hip. He wears Birkenstocks and reads der Spiegel and moveon.org. Vince know what to say because he parrots what he's told to say. Vince knows what to think because he reads about what he's supposed to think. See, Vince is hip and he calls the President "shrub". If you want to be hip, you will too.

Gun control is not a political issue. It is an issue of big government vs the American individual.

Both parties give us gun control, high taxes, oppressive regulation and porous borders. Still, we argue about which is our favorite.

Azrial
July 28, 2008, 11:09
Originally posted by kalliste
Fr Vince gets it. The lesser of two evils is still evil. If any of you think McLame would do anything other than stab gun-owners in the back, you're crazier than the average Obama supporter......
McCain will want to be reelected more then he will want to take my guns. Obama knows that his supporters could care less for the most part.

renaissance_warrior
July 28, 2008, 13:47
I'm a constant blogger to articles such as that and other majors as well. Nearly all of the pathetic drivel as that, is quickly drowned out by reason. Her typos are rather telling as is the syntax that she wasn't paying a lot of attention in school. It will be difficult for people like that to hold a forum of any consequence.

juanni
July 28, 2008, 21:53
Originally posted by Manedwolf

So you'd rather have Obama elected? :confused:

What's better, a third-rate fireman or a first-rate arsonist?

Either way it is just a pile of ashes.

.............juanni