PDA

View Full Version : Left-Hand Actions?

davedude
July 26, 2008, 11:38
Dudes! Please tell me there are left-handed mauser actions somewhere for cheep that nooobody wants and I can pick them up for pennies to make me a couple military style left- hand mausers? I am thinking that is just not to be but want confirmation.

Is the CZ 550 made in left hand? How 'bout the remmy 788?

I know I can get push feed stuff. I can get a savage and remington in left hand.

If there is just no such thing as a left hand mauser action then what are the rest of my choices? Does Howa make a left hand bolt action?

I really don't like lightwieght rifles and prefer military profile and weight.

Thanks for your comments.

Dave Dude

SteveW
July 26, 2008, 12:11
I have never seen a left handed military Mauser action. I have looked for them at shows and auctions. I have checked all the published works on Mausers. Nothing. I think that FN or Parker Hale made commercial ones, but not military.

Pick them up for pennies ! :rofl:

davedude
July 27, 2008, 08:56
I have never seen a left handed military Mauser action.

Yeah....I was afraid of that. Oh well.
Thanks.

In a way that gives me an excuse for the next best thing--to put together something heavy in a left hand tactical rifle profile using a modren left hand action.

Dave Dude

Qbdss
July 29, 2008, 02:05
Charles Daly left hand receivers were available as I found mine on gunbroker last year. Although they seem to be few and far between now.

StoneyCreekMrMauser
July 29, 2008, 20:22
I've seen mod'd 03 Springer actions before but I couldn't tell you how they do'd it. I assume it would take quite a bit of effort and good equipment. WECSOG one up and tell us how it does!