PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any info on FN's new PSR series?

SWOHFAL
July 16, 2008, 17:41
http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF048&gid=FNG021&mid=FNM0133

Has anyone shot one? Opinions?

Is a detachable magazine better than a fixed?

Pricing?

MAINER
July 16, 2008, 18:44
According to some of the reviews I've read, these are "best bang for the buck" around $1000.

These are a new configuration with the McMillan stock is a big plus. Previous rifles had Hogue stocks. The 22" barrel is a new offering also.

Splattermatic posted a thread in Marketplace with FN PBR DX barreled actions in 20" and 24" for $399 and shipping from CDNN if you're interested. .308 cal. btw.

These are basically pre-64 Win. actions with controlled feed and Mauser type extractors. I prefer this type, but some like push-feed for single loading with a full mag.

The detachable mag. is OK if you like to be "tact-i-cool" and change ammo types.
Good if hunting from a vehicle and need to unload often. Holds one round less than conventional hinged-floorplate types.

Considered to be a solid .75" moa rifle with occasional .50"groups. May do better with the McMillan stocks.

Will know more when mine gets here.
:biggrin:

SWOHFAL
July 16, 2008, 18:54
Thanks.

I was just thinking about getting my first commercial bolt-gun and liked the look and features of this rifle, like the chrome-lined hammer forged sub-MOA capable barrel.