PDA

View Full Version : Drop in auto sear and HK trigger packs

SteveW
July 13, 2008, 14:41
If I purchased a registered and transferable drop in auto sear for my AR15, I can move it, and the appropriate FA parts from lower to lower, as I wish..

What's the situation for HK trigger packs ?

An example - If I purchase a HK93 FA in .223, can I swap out the ejector and install the FA trigger pack it in say, a G3 ? Can I use it to build a MP5 with ?

The difference (that I can see) between the 2 examples is that in the first, the auto sear is the register and transferable part. In the second, the GUN is the registered and transferable part. Is that correct ? Can you transfer the registered part from being the entire gun to just the trigger pack ?

Thanks !

Steve.

gunplumber
July 13, 2008, 14:53
Originally posted by SteveW
If I purchased a registered and transferable drop in auto sear for my AR15, I can move it, and the appropriate FA parts from lower to lower, as I wish..

What's the situation for HK trigger packs ?

same.

An example - If I purchase a HK93 FA in .223, can I swap out the ejector and install the FA trigger pack it in say, a G3 ? Can I use it to build a MP5 with ?

If you have a 93 that was modified to to accept a swing down lower, or the 93 itself was registered, then no. the host gun is the machinegun. But f its a registered sear installed in a semi '93 than you can swap that pack between guns. On the MP5, you can have a short barrel with the trigger pack on, but if you then want to move it to another gun, the 94 would be left as an unregistered SBR. Thats whay some people opt for an SP89, which resumes its status as a pistol. No big deal to register the semi 94 as an SBR though.

The difference (that I can see) between the 2 examples is that in the first, the auto sear is the register and transferable part. In the second, the GUN is the registered and transferable part. Is that correct ? Can you transfer the registered part from being the entire gun to just the trigger pack ?

It can be either, depending on how it was registered. You can have a registered receiver, a registered trigger mechanism housing, or a registered sear.

Thats why a registered receiver MP5 is worth considerably less than a registered sear on a semi (or SBR) '94. The latter is much more versitile.

SteveW
July 13, 2008, 15:00
Thank you. That's a great education. I understand now the difference in prices for some of the HK stuff I have been looking at.

kev
July 14, 2008, 10:51
Be careful with what you buy. The same condition exists with the M16. Some AR's were registered with unregistered DIAS's(you should be able to tell which by the serial number on the paperwork). If the gun's serial was used, the sear is married to that receiver and cannot be removed. Most likely going to find that situation with early SP1 conversions, but you never know.

Also, when the DIAS is removed from your host AR, all M16 internals must be removed as well, along with the upper if it's under the 16" limit.