PDA

View Full Version : Class III and "The Radar"

daschnoz
June 30, 2008, 11:51
Does having a Class III something effect my location on "The Radar"?

M2MG
June 30, 2008, 13:00
Make an extra tin foil hat/cover for all your NFA items, helps block the radar from seeing them. Not to mention your NFA papers have the same access restrictions as your income tax documents. Local LE can not see them, unless you give them written permission.

jaykden
June 30, 2008, 13:18
i have a coupla title II weapons.

you'll soon get used to the black helo's flying over head at night.

the raids arn't too bad. only about once or twice a month. the trick is, as soon as they start busting down the door, to jump outta bed, run out into the living room nekkid (so they know you arn't concealing a weapon) and put your hands behind you back and fall to the ground.

the reason for falling to the ground is so when they hit ya with the tasers, you just jerk and twitch and won't fall into the table or sumpin. (first time i didn't do this and knocked my head into the intable as i was getting pumped with high voltage.

overall, it aint too bad, sure, i have about 10 tiny (you can hardly see them) scars on my chest, legs, and groin area from the tasers stickin; me, but hey, better than bullets right?

i'm very fortunate they havn't just dragged me into the yard, blindfolded me and popped me in the brain stem and just "dissappear me".

my good buddy herbert had some title II firearms and one day, he just 'went away'. nobody knew who he was, no obiturary, i asked at down at the local Miniluv office(ministry of love) and they notified me that 'herbert' never existed. ever.

i think he musta been wearing clothes when they busted his door down and assumed he was packin a concealed weapon. thats good for an instant execution.

so, to sum it up, it aint all the bad, all in all.

daschnoz
June 30, 2008, 13:32
I like to stay under the radar as much as possible. NOTHING ILLEGAL, just under the radar. But it sounds like since I own a gun, I'm already on the radar.

I just have a real problem having a picture of me and my finger prints on file. I know my picture is already on file here in PA (PennDOT is getting slapped for how they are storing facial recognition metrics, but that's a different story), but I don't know if I want my prints on file too. Am I paranoid, or is this a valid concern? I'm looking for real answers here. Sorry, but I'm not in my usual joking mood about this one. Should I not worry about it, and just get my NFA stuff before November??

prosecond
June 30, 2008, 13:35
I will not get a carry permit for jsut this reason. I do not want to give "them" my fingerprints. Am I nuts too?

Stranger
June 30, 2008, 14:48
Originally posted by jaykden
.... run out into the living room nekkid (so they know you arn't concealing a weapon) and put your hands behind you back and fall to the ground.

I thought the reason for the running nekkid was to get them aroused and distracted so as not to shoot first and ask questions later.

perryturner
June 30, 2008, 19:50
Originally posted by prosecond
I will not get a carry permit for jsut this reason. I do not want to give "them" my fingerprints. Am I nuts too? Doesn't seem like a very good trade off to me.

pb
July 01, 2008, 07:12
I will not get a carry permit for jsut this reason. I do not want to give "them" my fingerprints. Am I nuts too?

Yes.

If you have a drivers license, you're on the map.

prosecond
July 01, 2008, 09:27
I have also filled out 4473's. So I should just go get finger printed and not worry about it? You guys see no problems in the future from this?

jaykden
July 01, 2008, 10:40
seriously, i have 2 title II firearms and N E V E R did fingerprints.

i went the trust route. i really don't know why someone would do it as an indiviual. also don't need CLEO signoff.

on another note. i had fingerprints takedn when i was a little kid (i honestly don't know what for. i just remember having it done). anyway, i was very young maybe like 5 or something (just a faint memory).

would those prints still work? like for instance, say if someone stole a gun of mine, then shot someone and they retrieved my prints from it, would they be able to "match them up"?

i'm going to have to ask my folks what that was all about.

prosecond
July 01, 2008, 12:51
How do I set up the trust? Can I do this myself or do I need an attorney? I still need the prints to get the CC permit. I don't know if I am being foolish or not. I just hate the idea of the government having them.

I think parents have the kids done for id purposes. I'll never have my kids done.

jaykden
July 01, 2008, 13:27
there is a wealth on info over at arf.com

doing a trust is definatly the way to go.

here is a link the the class3 pages that i used and helped me out alot

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=199942

kalliste
July 01, 2008, 14:33
Originally posted by jaykden
would those prints still work? like for instance, say if someone stole a gun of mine, then shot someone and they retrieved my prints from it, would they be able to "match them up"?
In theory, yes. In practice I doubt it. In theory, the points of reference that they use to match remain the same with age and growth. But matching prints isn't as exact a science as they pretend nor, I would guess, are the databases as well populated or reliable as they say.

M2MG
July 01, 2008, 15:14
I have also filled out 4473's. So I should just go get finger printed and not worry about it? You guys see no problems in the future from this?

Just practice the phrase "Don't tase me bro" so you'll be ready when the black choppers land in your front yard.

You should be good to go.

M2MG

perryturner
July 01, 2008, 18:01
I have also filled out 4473's. So I should just go get finger printed and not worry about it? You guys see no problems in the future from this? 4473s stay with the dealer until either BATF wants them in a firearms search, or the licensee gives up the FFL.

As far as fingerprints, mine have been on file since I joined the Navy in 1963. It hasn't been a problem yet. Just what are you concerned about? Does it outweigh you limiting your ability to legally defend yourself?

prosecond
July 01, 2008, 22:07
I plan to live another forty years. My concern is what can happen over those years. I don't trust the government and worry about advances in technology. I am not a crimminal and don't have any plans to break any laws. Who knows what the future of our country is? Right now I am leaning towards getting it done so that I can get a permit.

Thanks for the tip on the trust.

Deltaten
July 02, 2008, 21:01
Worried?: About some prints and photo?

The ATF-troop can't keep all thier paperwork in line or find half of it, make good decisions on where ta eat lunch or file proper charges without looking like Keystone Kops.
What makes you think they'll even be able to find yer papers?, let alone dick with ya over 'em? lol

You have been on the radar for so long and never knew it. Suddenly becoming aware of it don't make ya stick out anymore ;)

THey wil fugk with you for reasons known only to themselves, no legal cause or justification needed. Tin foil or "off the radar" won't help in that case :eek:

URBAN ASSAULT
July 02, 2008, 22:16
How do I set up the trust? Can I do this myself or do I need an attorney? I still need the prints to get the CC permit. I don't know if I am being foolish or not. I just hate the idea of the government having them.

I think parents have the kids done for id purposes. I'll never have my kids done.

I am going to turn my Bulgy AK-74 'Krink-like' so my Form 1 application, $200 money order, and Revocable Living Trust paperwork is being mailed tomorrow:biggrin:.

I used Quicken Willmaker 08 to create the Trust and it really wasn't too difficult to figure out. I bought the Quicken product off the web for about $24, and it came with an explanatory book too. The notary fee came to 20 bucks and was done at the UPS store.

The paperwork is set up so my wife and I are both in charge of the Trust, and the soon-to-be SBR'ed AK-74.

If one of us dies before the other the rifle goes to the survivor, if we both die at the same time it will go to my mother, or she can sell it to a qualified party or keep it for herself.

The Trust route is the way to go for me because I didn't want to send in pictures, prints, or ask an authority figure for permission to do what I want with my own gun.

I was going to do it when I first got my AK, but talked myself out of it because of the expense & hassle factor.

I think Obamarama will probably be the next President, so I figured I should get it done now instead of later.

-urban

Artful
July 06, 2008, 00:34
Originally posted by daschnoz
I like to stay under the radar as much as possible. NOTHING ILLEGAL, just under the radar. But it sounds like since I own a gun, I'm already on the radar.

I just have a real problem having a picture of me and my finger prints on file.
if you were born in a hospital you probably already gave them you finger prints and foot prints, have a driver's license they have your photo.

I know my picture is already on file here in PA (PennDOT is getting slapped for how they are storing facial recognition metrics, but that's a different story), but I don't know if I want my prints on file too.

Am I paranoid, or is this a valid concern?
Any abuse of information is cause for valid concern, but the fact that your jumping thru the hoops takes you pretty much off the evil list - don't know of any criminal who offer up their information and pay the tax, do you? But having stuff for over 20 years, I haven't been tazed once.

I'm looking for real answers here. Sorry, but I'm not in my usual joking mood about this one. Should I not worry about it, and just get my NFA stuff before November??

Actually you can use the LLC or Trust route to avoid photo / print issue and it is a valid solution.