PDA

View Full Version : VPC they STILL don't get it!

Firestarter
June 28, 2008, 11:37
They don't seem to understand.

http://www.vpc.org/press/0806heller.htm

Another load of BS from the same group.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/gunownership.pdf

Mike in Seattle
June 28, 2008, 12:04
They understand (actually quite well)

(1) keep feeding the sheeple hysteric emotionalism and lies

(2) they will send more $$

Firestarter
June 28, 2008, 12:11
Originally posted by Mike in Seattle
They understand (actually quite well)

(1) keep feeding the sheeple hysteric emotionalism and lies

(2) they will send more $$

Touche! :bow:

How true! And giving the impression that gun ownership and interest is in decline.

Reported gun ownership is what is in decline! Gee... wonder why? :biggrin:

Jailguard
June 28, 2008, 13:28
The second article where they quote gun ownership down I think would be more like. Do you own and hand guns or revolvers? answer: none of your business. What got put in the report would be a no.

thunderchicken
June 28, 2008, 13:59
From the Article:

The Court’s ruling today does not appear to affect the District’s ban on “machine guns,” which under DC law includes any gun “which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily converted or restored to shoot semiautomatically, more than 12 shots without manual reloading.” This definition would include virtually all semiautomatic handguns. As a result, the District’s ban can remain in force for those types of handguns, commonly known as pistols. In essence, the Court’s ruling for the most part will only affect revolvers and derringers. :eek:

Wow this is a special kind of stupid. Although I hate the idea of giving the cowboy action shooters a special venue to play dress up, I do like the idea of fly-ass Shaft type nigras rolling around DC with detective specials in the pockets of their leather car coats and Pam Grier types on their arms with big 'ole angela davis afros and mini-dresses. Alas, even if the VPC were right my 1911 don't hold twelve so fuggers like me gonna queer what could have been a cool scene with our pistols a/k/a machine guns :rolleyes:

renaissance_warrior
June 28, 2008, 15:35
Well looks like I need to find a 10-rounder for my Skorpion machine pistol. :shades: Wish I had one. :cry:

renaissance_warrior
June 28, 2008, 16:17
My reply to Kristen Rand, the writer of said balderdash. As I'd said, I seriously don't expect a reply, but if I do, you'll see it here. :fal: :beer:

Attn: Kristen Rand

Ms. Rand,

In reading your piece regarding the Heller decision, several things come to mind. Firstly, did you read the decision? It is apparent that probably not, as both your description of the decision and the historical background relating to it were not addressed at all. The other point is that in the decision, there was no mention of machine guns nor a definition thereof as you stated. That class of firearm wasn't even a part of the suit, and your description relating a machine gun and a semi-auto pistol is manifestly wrong at every level of interpretation. As well, there is no restiction on magazine capacity whatsoever.

ALL classes of handguns are now allowed in the residence and business of citizens in DC. They can be loaded, with no trigger locks, no lockboxes and no requirements for safe storage of same, other than a responsible placement by the owner.

You do your readers a great disservice with such glaring inaccuracies and your readers would be better served with more relevant impact statements as opposed to feebly attempting to second-guess the esteemed judges of the Supreme Court.

Not all decisions are popular, such as Roe vs. Wade but they are a direct result of us being a nation of laws, not of men. That is the beauty of a Republic, for there are rights that are granted by our Creator, as the writers rightfully acknowledged. As with the 1st, 4th and others, the 2nd amendment was merely codified by it's writing, not created. As with the other amendments, the God-given right and responsiblity to ourselves and loved ones for self-defense is one more item of truth that we hold self-evident.

I seriously don't expect a reply from this missive, but just in case you'd missed the importance of this decision relating to the health of our Republic, last Thursday will go down as a banner day in finally affirming that we still 'Hold these truths to be self-evident.'