PDA

View Full Version : And in Chicago, Hizzoner freaks out

renaissance_warrior
June 26, 2008, 16:55
'they're re-writing the rules', he laments. Screw you Daley!

Excerpt below:

In Chicago, Mayor Richard M. Daley, a staunch supporter of gun control, called the decision “frightening” and said he was bracing for a fight with the gun lobby, which has long criticized the city’s ban on the sale and registration of handguns for everyone but police officers and a handful of others. Enacted in 1982, the law was created in response to the murders of two police officers and the assassination attempt on former president Ronald Reagan.

“Does this lead to everyone having a gun in our society?” he said at a news conference. “If they think that’s the answer, then they’re greatly mistaken. Then, why don’t we do away with the court system and go back to the Old West? You have a gun and I have a gun and we’ll settle in the streets.

“They’re changing the rules,” Mr. Daley said of the Supreme Court. “Why should we as a city not be able to protect ourselves from those who want guns in our society?”

Full text:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/27/washington/27React.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

hagar
June 26, 2008, 20:43
I like that "settle it in the streets". Last time I looked, the good guys still outnumber the common criminals, carjackers, rapists, armed robbers, gangbangers and drug dealers. If every good guy shoot one criminal, in no time we will have no lawyers or politicians at all.:biggrin:

AndyC
June 26, 2008, 22:32
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

John Culver
June 26, 2008, 23:08
You have a gun and I have a gun and we’ll settle in the streets.

And this is different from how its already done in Chicago how?

Prototype Services
June 26, 2008, 23:50
NRA and GOA already filed suit against Chicago today, right after SCOTUS announced.

:beer:

xcpd69
June 27, 2008, 00:35
Originally posted by John Culver

And this is different from how its already done in Chicago how?

Cause only King Richard II's thugs should only be armed, according to him.

renaissance_warrior
June 27, 2008, 00:37
And aldermen who write their own exemptions :mad: Ahhh the hubris will soon be over.

elbo
June 27, 2008, 06:41
Originally posted by renaissance_warrior
And aldermen who write their own exemptions :mad:

This was my first thought.

or to turn a phrase:
He who makes the rules has the gun.

davedude
June 27, 2008, 09:21
I saw that guy on the news yesterday. Normally, retard dhimmicrats want to surrender to criminals. This guy, however, wants everybody to surrender to HIM. I got one word for him---FOAD. Sumbeatch needs to move to live with his buddy hugo chavez, police state dictators are not allowed in the USA. Unless obama gets elected, then we are in some serious trouble.....

Dave Dude

xcpd69
June 30, 2008, 00:24
It's Chicago.

Elliot Ness is dead and Capone's latest successor, King Richard II is alive and doin' deals...

At least Capone had a legitimate business. Used Furniture.. :rolleyes:

SWOHFAL
June 30, 2008, 00:46
Originally posted by xcpd69
It's Chicago.

Elliot Ness is dead and Capone's latest successor, King Richard II is alive and doin' deals...

At least Capone had a legitimate business. Used Furniture.. :rolleyes:

And actually gave people something for their money - booze and whores.

Para Driver
June 30, 2008, 14:14
You have a gun and I have a gun and we’ll settle in the streets.

If that's a challenge, I accept. :biggrin:

Rotor
July 01, 2008, 13:28
He's used to getting his way.

He has nice friends

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Rotor_/Daley/DaleySS.jpg

JR