PDA

View Full Version : uh, gee, I guess we got it wrong

J308
June 19, 2008, 11:13
http://planetutah.typepad.com/planet_utah/2008/03/the-inevitable.html

This is a great collection of quotes from various officials that were against CC permits, but had to change their tune after the laws went into effect.

"The truth is, I don't know that there has been a change one way or the other here or anywhere else,’ said Anoka County (Minnesota) Sheriff Bruce Andersohn. ‘We had one side that swore the world would be safer, we'd be in better condition, we'd have a fall in crime. That's not a reality. The other side was that this would be the Wild West with a shooting on every corner. Well, I'm not seeing that, either.’”

jaykden
June 19, 2008, 13:23
some of you may think i'm wrong, but to me the right to carry concealed isn't an idea to make 'the community' as a whole, more safer... its to give me the right to personal self defense. remember, just because a city/ town/ state changes a law and makes it legal to carry concealed, does N O T mean that most people will do so. per capita, i'm sure its a very small percentage of people who accually carry when its allowed.

in other words, guys who carry concealed aren't supposed to be vigilantes, super cops, or out making the streets safer. thats the job of LEOs

so, i belive its good thing when citizens are given the right to carry (concealed or not) and nothing (noticable) changes. what that means so me, is that the criminals who used guns when they wern't allowed to carry them.. STILL commit crime, and that the honest citizens who NOW carry, do not rob banks just because they have guns, turn streets into 'blood baths', or turn the place into a scene out of the 'wild west'.

honest citizens will be just that and criminals will always be just that. no matter whether guns are outlawed or not; whether they can carry concealed legally or not.

J. Armstrong
June 19, 2008, 15:30
I think that is an interesting and astute observation. Pretty much puts it in perspective.

AndyC
June 20, 2008, 20:04
"Since concealed carry permits prevent the criminal from knowing who is armed and who is not, those who are not armed benefit from the general deterrent effect as criminals choose non-confrontational crime rather than risk being shot."

Dangerous Women: Feminism, Self Defense and Civil Rights - Robert L. Barrow and Dr. Gary Mauser