PDA

View Full Version : Night Guard 329

ice9
June 16, 2008, 21:32
Picked up at .44 magnum Night Guard at the show this weekend. Very cool gun. It's an N frame with a 2.5" tube, scandium frame, and stainless cylinder. Pachmyer grips are standard. Pick up the gun and you promptly say, "this thing balances nice." Think the Mel Gibson movie "Payback" when the cop is handed Mel's revolver, it kinda grabs you. Haven't shot it yet, but I'm fairly turned on. Also bought an M&P .45 with frame safety, and after finger f'ing it for several hours I wonder what the Glocks and XDs mgiht have as an answer. It's shit hot.

BUFF
June 17, 2008, 05:14
I have the standard Model 329PD with a 4 inch barrel.

It is the perfect handgun for Helen Keller- you will know when the gun has gone off no matter if you are deaf and blind! It is the kicking-est handgun I have ever shot with factory .44 Magnum 240 grain ammunition.

I shoot a lot of big-bore revolvers and this one recoils so abruptly and powerfully that I have no use for it. I shoot groups 3 or 4 times bigger than steel frame guns with the same ammunition. I would be hard pressed to put a bullet where it needed to go.

ice9
June 17, 2008, 10:09
This gun has a steel cylinder. Shot some yesterday evening with Pro Load Lite magnums. Also some 180 XTPs. Recoil not bad at all. I carried tihs gun all day yesterday and nearly forgot it was there.