PDA

View Full Version : E2 stock hardware

wayne in boca
June 14, 2008, 05:09
I have a beautiful walnut E2 stock that I suspect strongly has an aftermarket buttplate.Looks good but the steel hinged portion has no positive "lock" position.I can point the muzzle end up and the buttplate falls open by gravity alone.Anybody have a fix for this?I have no original to compare it to,and don't know what holds them shut.And it pisses me off.

Azrial
June 15, 2008, 05:00
Is the shoulder contact area rubber or metal?

The correct butt plate for an E2 is rubber with a metal fold out support that was designed to lay on top of the shoulder.

I have been looking for one for over 20 years! :(

wayne in boca
June 15, 2008, 05:17
Well,the steel outer buttplate is fastened at the top with a long roll pin through the rubber buttpad underneath it.I may try to squeeze the ears in a bit and see if a friction fit will work.The guy from Amherst Depot told me yesterday that he thought it will work and was correct.Keep looking and good luck.I got this one out of the blue.

Azrial
June 15, 2008, 05:33
Originally posted by wayne in boca
....Keep looking and good luck.I got this one out of the blue.
Good luck with it, let me know if another fall out of the "blue!" :D

hawk7173
June 25, 2008, 10:51
What you have is a repro butt plate. The USGI butt plate has a positive stop as well as a softer rubber pad.

The repro has no markings on it as I remember, but the USGI one does.

Repros are more commonly found, but USGI are getting scarcer as few that have them part with them I've found.

Repros go for around $50 - $75 where you can expect to pay upwards of that for a USGI. HTH

Azrial
June 25, 2008, 18:47
Originally posted by hawk7173
What you have is a repro butt plate. The USGI butt plate has a positive stop as well as a softer rubber pad.

The repro has no markings on it as I remember, but the USGI one does.

Repros are more commonly found, but USGI are getting scarcer as few that have them part with them I've found.

Repros go for around $50 - $75 where you can expect to pay upwards of that for a USGI. HTH

Are you stating that a mostly correct style of E2 butt plate is available? If so where? I have a GI on mine now, but it is not correct for a E2 butt stock and opens too far.