PDA

View Full Version : Garand Springs

StoneyCreekMrMauser
June 11, 2008, 15:54
See a lot of these things in sets or alone from Falcon Arms, SARCO, etc. Wondering who makes the best. Old girl works well but the springs are getting tired, esp. the clip latch spring (Fulton Armory uberheavyduty will go there). Also, will a new hammer spring lighten up the trigger pull any or is this a custon job?

'Course after this I still need a spare parts kit, ammo, and a session of fitting that spare bolt... So much work to do on things other than work and school, so little time.

hachik
June 12, 2008, 11:35
I like the stainless op rod springs from Orion 7.

http://www.m1garandrifle.com/Garandparts.htm

Not to say that it can't happen, but I've never seen a Garand hammer spring that needed replacing.

M1 trigger jobs involve careful stoning of the hammer hooks. I can't say for sure, but it doesn't seem like the spring would have much effect on the trigger pull.

lmccrock
June 13, 2008, 19:42
Last time I got an M1 recoil spring was from Numrich (e-gunparts.com), and it fixed the problem. I have used Falcon for FAL springs, but did not realize they had M1 springs as well. If you use Falcon, you might check with them about the spec because their FAL recoil springs are slightly over power (5%, according to them).

Lee