PDA

View Full Version : Ready to sell my FAL

textraveler
June 09, 2008, 13:47
I bought this FAL about 20 years ago and immediately stowed it away. I have never even fired it. I have relocated now and I'm interested to sell it but I have no clue what the value is. I have seen what appear to be identical models selling for >$3K. It looks like a 50.41 model with the heavy barrel. It also has a scope. However, I can find no markings on this gun. Can anyone offer some advice? I can't figure out how to attach the photo to this thread, but I would be happy to email it to interested parties. By the way, I live in the Central Texas area. If there are dealers in this area that trade in these models, I would appreciate some referrals. Thanks!

hagar
June 09, 2008, 13:55
My first advice to you would be to stay away from a gun dealer as far as you can, unless you think $500 is a fair price. I would offer you $750 sight unseen if rifle is as described.:)

Take some photos, especially of the receiver markings, and post them here so we can tell you what you have. You can post photos on www.photolava.com for free, and insert the link in your message.

Para Driver
June 09, 2008, 14:00
the receiver markings are going to have great effect on the value..
if it's Century, Imbel or Herstal that makes a HUGE difference..
Photo's sell the gun.

J. Armstrong
June 09, 2008, 14:48
Originally posted by Para Driver
the receiver markings are going to have great effect on the value..

AMEN, BROTHER !!!

I'm thinking a 20 year old may well be a Herstal, but we shall see.......

AGG
June 09, 2008, 14:56
50.41- plastic stock w/wooden forearm;
50.42- wooden stock w/wooden forearm;
FN- marked 4x24 scope?

Pic are a must if you truly desire an accurate value!!! :D

Tony

AndyC
June 09, 2008, 17:53
Originally posted by textraveler
I can't figure out how to attach the photo to this thread, but I would be happy to email it to interested parties.
Upload the pic to Photobucket.com or Imageshack.com and post the resulting code here

Abominog
June 09, 2008, 21:54
Originally posted by textraveler
However, I can find no markings on this gun.

Every model FAL has very visible manufacturer's marks on the receiver.

eagle54
June 09, 2008, 22:14
Hi

If your having a problem posting pics , send them to my email address and i will post them for you .. here is my email address

eagle20@hvc.rr.com

Eagle54

Barbcue
June 09, 2008, 22:27
if you decide to sell the optics and mount alone and they are original i would give you current market value for the scope/mount combo

PICS would help alot

denny
June 21, 2008, 01:15
How about some photos ??
D.

1811GNR
June 21, 2008, 09:53
Does the scope mount wrap around the receiver? Possibly covering all markings?