PDA

View Full Version : California & Hi-Caps


Lucky
June 08, 2008, 13:58
Is there a legal way to ship Hi-Caps mags to California if they are disassembled, i.e., remove the floor plate and just send the mag bodies, springs & follower..Need some help with this..

Barbcue
June 08, 2008, 14:17
all the parts are legal here in kit form.

.just not built mags.


http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=311663

Lucky
June 08, 2008, 15:02
Originally posted by Barbcue
all the parts are legal here in kit form.

.just not built mags.


http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=311663

Thank you Barbcue, clears up some confusion..

Lucky
June 08, 2008, 15:39
Originally posted by Barbcue
all the parts are legal here in kit form.

.just not built mags.


http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=311663

You have a PM..

fixit
June 09, 2008, 00:44
OK, now we know about AR15 mags, how about FAL mags?

Heat
June 09, 2008, 01:02
I'd check with the Calif DOJ before sending anything like that into California, especially thru the mail..might land in trouble

FTW2012
June 09, 2008, 05:12
No one is going to ship FAL mags to kali
Take a day trip over to Nevada and stock up

Lucky
June 09, 2008, 06:56
Here's a link to a well known vendor who advertises how to legally ship replacement part mag kits to states with Hi-Cap bans. According to them any mags disassembled as a replacement parts kit can be shipped..I don't think they would do it if it wasn't legal also a vendor on CALGUNS.NET located in CA sells mag rebuild kits..

http://www.44mag.com/rk.asp

superjc
June 09, 2008, 19:30
oops, double post, see below :p

superjc
June 09, 2008, 19:32
I have ordered replacement bodies from 44 mag for my M1A 20 rounders that were the crappy kind with contoured locking lugs. I have also ordered replacement floorplates and springs for damaged cheap stamped mags, no problem, although it is illegal to order the parts and assemble a new hi-capacity magazine though. Parts are legal to ship no problemo.

All hi-capacity magazines (as they are retardedly referred to in the law) must have been purchased and owned before January 1, 2000. :bigangel:

Barbcue
June 09, 2008, 20:17
Once again,

ALL MAG PARTS are LEGAL

as long as they are not assembled into mags .

People buy and sell mag parts here all the time..

every vendor ive seen sells parts here.




:rolleyes:

Barbcue
June 09, 2008, 20:22
Originally posted by fixit
OK, now we know about AR15 mags, how about FAL mags?

now why in the Heck ,would one be different than the other ?

:rolleyes:

Heat
June 09, 2008, 20:41
Just out of curiosity, how does the state even know if they were/are owned prior to the 'ban' and how do they attempt to control, if they can, the flow of replacment parts..

Barbcue
June 09, 2008, 22:38
Originally posted by Heat
Just out of curiosity, how does the state even know if they were/are owned prior to the 'ban' and how do they attempt to control, if they can, the flow of replacment parts..

they dont.

just dont put them together. since any rifle now in cali has a 10 rnd fixed mag
there really is no reason to be stupid and break the law..i buy kits all the time have boxes full of them..

if the law changes great if it doesn't and i move great again.

if they ban mags federally from manufacture again great (not really)..

I buy them cheap and stack them deep ..mag kits are an investment in

Cali these days, nothing more..

Heat
June 10, 2008, 15:42
Originally posted by Barbcue


they dont.

just dont put them together. since any rifle now in cali has a 10 rnd fixed mag
there really is no reason to be stupid and break the law..i buy kits all the time have boxes full of them..

if the law changes great if it doesn't and i move great again.

if they ban mags federally from manufacture again great (not really)..

I buy them cheap and stack them deep ..mag kits are an investment in

Cali these days, nothing more..
What if you registered your ASW before the ban..can you still use your prior owned hicaps or are they verboten? Do you have to retrofit a pre-ban registered ASW to accept only the fixed 10 rounder?

Barbcue
June 11, 2008, 04:02
Originally posted by Heat

What if you registered your ASW before the ban..can you still use your prior owned hicaps or are they verboten? Do you have to retrofit a pre-ban registered ASW to accept only the fixed 10 rounder?

if you had mags for those rifles before the ban ,then yes you can use them (at ranges that allow them)

you do not have to retrofit a registered Cali AW.

remember the manufacture of mags were banned around the same time so people in Cali were buying rifles and mags by the shit load.

.there are alot of preban mags in this state as the fear of NO MORE BEING MADE was a huge selling point for mags in 2000

people bought mags for rifles they didnt own at the time and mags
for rifles they knew they would never own..

alot of people build featureless rifles here so they can use there preban mags..guys like me buy mag kits because they are a great investment
AND THEY ARE CHEAP RIGHT NOW
everyone saw the prices sky rocket when they were not manufactured
any longer..i want a shit load so if that happens i can cash in. dont want to miss that boat again.
mags/kits are dirt cheap right now.it wont last forever..buy all that you can.

:fal: