PDA

View Full Version : Does the NFA paperwork(form1) have to be double-sided?

URBAN ASSAULT
June 06, 2008, 04:45
I have read on the web that the form 1 paperwork that you send into the BATFE must be double-sided.

If it isn't they just might kick it back to you. I have got the paperwork printed out on single sheets now(form 1 and certificate of citizenship), and I don't want to make any mistakes before it is all sent in.

BTW, I am going the living trust route, if that makes in difference

I would appreciate any advice.

-urban

kycrawler
June 06, 2008, 06:28
yes must be 2 sided filed in dupicate , the citizenship form is only 1 sided

URBAN ASSAULT
June 06, 2008, 07:40
Thank you very much for the info.

-urban

jaykden
June 06, 2008, 14:10
you better recheck that.

i have sent 2 form1's in in the last 6 months and they were both ONE sided.

i'll look for the form1 on PDF format and repost here with the link

jaykden
June 06, 2008, 14:15
ok, i did my form1's as a trust.

an individual would be double sided, re: CLEO sign off and photograph

URBAN ASSAULT
June 06, 2008, 18:22
Since I'm going the trust route also I should be okay then. Good info, much appreciated.

-urban

jaykden
June 06, 2008, 19:43
if you are doing a form1 going the trust route, only do the FIRST page, just send 2 copies after its all filled in.

some say you don't need a citizenship certificate if you are doing it as a trust, but i still sent one in for good measure.

http://users.rcn.com/thejackal/sampleforms/trust_form1.pdf

URBAN ASSAULT
June 06, 2008, 22:15
Got it. I would rather be safe and send the bloodsuckers too much paperwork than too little.

-urban

gunplumber
June 07, 2008, 11:03
Double sided. They accepted single sided for a while, then started sending them back to me. I glued the two halves together and they took it.

Now I just run the PDF through the printer twice to put on front and back.

URBAN ASSAULT
June 07, 2008, 11:34
Sure can't seem to make up their minds, can they? I guess I'm going to go double-sided just to be careful.

Thanks Mark.

-urban

Skilter
June 08, 2008, 23:38
GD... That is F'ing ludicrous... I just send in a tranfer off based on a pdf that I filled out and printed. Not double sided... It is perfect but it is 2 pages in duplicate meaning I sent 4 pages in all. If they kick it back... I will absolutely complain to my congressman. That is STUPID.

jaykden
June 08, 2008, 23:54
Originally posted by gunplumber
Double sided. They accepted single sided for a while, then started sending them back to me. I glued the two halves together and they took it.

Now I just run the PDF through the printer twice to put on front and back.

yes its double sided for a form1 filled out as an individual

when doing a form1 as a trust, you only fill out the front page. so therefore, NOT double sided.

walter mitty
June 09, 2008, 02:56
I don't think that it's stupid to insist that the form be submitted dbl sided.
From an administrative point of view, there really isn't anything confirming
that page 2 with CLEO signoff was intended to authenticate anything on
page 1 if they were separated....at least not on the last ones I sent in
(older form). I don't think the newer forms are any different.

Para Driver
June 09, 2008, 09:26
double sided reduces the amount of paper they have to staple, track, file and ulitmately lose.. and it kills less trees too:D

gunsmoke
June 10, 2008, 15:03
Originally posted by jaykden
if you are doing a form1 going the trust route, only do the FIRST page, just send 2 copies after its all filled in.

some say you don't need a citizenship certificate if you are doing it as a trust, but i still sent one in for good measure.

http://users.rcn.com/thejackal/sampleforms/trust_form1.pdf

I have NO NFA experience, but I would think that the citizenship certification is a very good idea if doing a trust or any other non-natural person like Corp or LLC. At worst it does no harm.

jaykden
June 10, 2008, 15:14
yeah, like i said, i sent one in to be on the safe side.

i just have read about form1's done as a trust being apporved w/o the CC.

i wouldn't reccomend it myself, because if they don't need it they can just ditch it. if they do need it, it just gets delayed that much longer.

of course, maybe those that were approved w/o the CC were doing it as a 2nd or 3rd NFA item on the same trust.