PDA

View Full Version : Revolvers over semis.

CRShooter32
May 29, 2008, 14:05
I've been looking at the revolvers at the shops more and more of late, and really getting the urge to replace some of my semi auto pistols with revolvers, I like shooting the semis, but I've been finding that I can shoot a revolver more acuratley than a semi, and enjoy them more.

When I had a Taurus Tracker in 45 ACP, I was able to do better with that than I can with my current 1911, even though the Taurus' trigger was not as smooth, or crisp. I love shooting my 1911, but, I've considered trading it off on S&W 625, or one of the new production Mod. 22s, kicking myself for trading the Taurus, wouldn't mind another one, but they are hard to find. I really want is a good quality Schofield<sp?> repro. in .45LC, anyone know anything about the Uberti repros, quality, durability, etc.? And I want one of the S&W 610 10mm/.40&W when they come out.

I have two semiautos I'd not part with, my Sig 229 .40, and my HiPower Mk1. The rest are subject to be considered trade fodder.

MAINER
May 29, 2008, 18:41
I have several Uberti's. I find them to have very stiff actions, probably due to the heavy springs they use. They can be smoothed and lightened to perform very well. They have sharp edges on most of the componets and some time spent stoning make them feel much better.

Other than U.S Firearms and Colt, they are the best. The ones fitted and finished by Cimmeron are the nicest available. (don't think spelled Cimmeron right)

http://www.sam-hane.com/sass/schofield/index.html

At $1000, they's too pricey for me! :eek: Could get a nice S&W M29 and have change left over for cartridges! :D

They are interestin' tho!

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/top_break.php

CRShooter32
June 01, 2008, 15:21
Well, yesterday afternoon, my 1911 went in trade for a S&W classic model 22 of 1917.

lew
June 05, 2008, 18:49
I find myself liking revolvers more and more. 'Course, the Hi Power has nothing to worry about, but other autos do nothing for me. I can definitely shoot wheelguns more accurately. 100 yards is no problem.

sld
June 08, 2008, 02:19
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one, I know my 1911 is just a hair more accurate than my Model 1955, but I shoot the 1955 better than the 1911.

Azrial
June 08, 2008, 02:28
I like my old wheel guns, but now a days I would hate to be limited to carrying one for a weapon.

sld
June 08, 2008, 03:24
Originally posted by Azrial
I like my old wheel guns, but now a days I would hate to be limited to carrying one for a weapon.

I'm the opposite, I just bought a S&W 642 for carry, and I love it. It only took me 12 years to go back to a revolver

FTW2012
June 10, 2008, 04:13
I've been leaning more toward revolvers myself lately too
Got all the semi autos I would ever want for flat / easy to hide (some not) concealed carry guns.
But the really hard hitting loads come out of wheel guns.
.41Mag
.44Mag
.45LC
.454Casull
.500!
The kind of rounds that would blow a semi frame apart :bow:
When I'm out hunting and want bear / mountain lion protection it's the .44 Mag or .45LC on my side.

If any one is interested, a friend of mine has a .454 for sale.
It is a really nice pistol and very accurate too ..............
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=101982047