PDA

View Full Version : Question about supressor manufacture

instr8
May 15, 2008, 07:57
Man, with the price of .308 supressors, I would like to make my own instead of buying

I was wondering if it was legal to make your own supressor after first obtaining a tax stamp. I know it must be OK since i read L1A1rocker's thread. But here is another question.

Would this be on form 1?

Would it be legal for someone to help me out making it?

Just thinking.

Artful
May 15, 2008, 10:08
Originally posted by instr8
Man, with the price of .308 supressors, I would like to make my own instead of buying

I was wondering if it was legal to make your own supressor after first obtaining a tax stamp. I know it must be OK since i read L1A1rocker's thread. But here is another question. Yes

Would this be on form 1? Yes

Would it be legal for someone to help me out making it?
Yes, But all the parts MUST remain with you.

Just thinking.

.308 have alot of pressure to deal, as a first build you would be better off making a 22LR and working your way up. Check out Silencerresearch.com and silencertalk.com for people who have done stuff like this.

kycrawler
May 15, 2008, 10:57
i built a 308 can yes it is on a form 1 yes you can have assistance in building it as long as you are always in possession of the parts

i used 14 inches of 1.75 125 wall 6061 aluminum tubing

Ghilly
July 06, 2008, 10:34
What did you use as plans for your .308 can? I have a tac rifle that is ASKING to have a can put on it?

Thanks,
Ghilly

Ghilly
July 06, 2008, 10:35
Also, how long does the form 1 take? What all is involved in the process of the paperwork? I do not have any NFA stuff but would like to step up soon.

Thanks,
Ghilly