PDA

View Full Version : Mauser 98k shoots high

gunner30
May 04, 2008, 09:16
Was just reading another thread and member mention that his Yugo 48 Mauser shoots high. I just bought a Russian capture model 98k that shoots about 8-9 inches high at 100 yds. I thought it was just my 40 something eyesight that was causing this, but other members responded in that thread that most 98k's were sighted in for 200 yds. If that is so, where can I get a taller front sight for this gun to shoot on at 100 yds (the length of the range at my current club). Thanks for the help

Gunner

MAINER
May 04, 2008, 14:08
About 3/4 or so down the page!

http://www.tngunparts.com/mauser.htm

indy_Muaddib
May 04, 2008, 15:20
NEW ITEM NOW IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!

MAUSER-TALLSIGHT MAUSER TALL FRONT SIGHT BLADE. These are MILLED STEEL.... MADE IN THE ORIGINAL "BARLEYCORN" (TAPERED TRIANGLE) STYLE... .330" TALL! USED TO LOWER POINT OF IMPACT.. (IF YOUR RIFLE IS SHOOTING TOO HIGH, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO CORRECT IT)....MAY NEED TO BE FILED DOWN A BIT TO ADJUST TO THE HEIGHT TO THAT WHICH IS CORRECT FOR YOUR RIFLE....BLUED AND READY TO INSTALL!..... $14.99 each with FREE SHIPPING!

NEW ITEM NOW IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!

call 1-(866)-472-4986, part number is Mauser-Tallsight cost you $14.99 shipped

StoneyCreekMrMauser
May 04, 2008, 15:42
Brownell's had some tall sights that used a post-style sight. Don't know if they still got 'em but may be worth a try. I think they were about $5 each or so.

abbynormal
May 04, 2008, 18:16
I had that problem shooting Turk 8mm out of a Yugo. I got some Yugo 8mm and the rounds went right to POA.

If your 8mm has silver (steel) jacketed bullets, it is probably the Turk stuff.

Turk uses a lighter bullet (170 some grn) than the German/Yugo standard which is 196 grns.