PDA

View Full Version : Bad service, product quality: unknown.

Savior 6
April 30, 2008, 12:30
Unfortunately my first post is not a happy one. I payed for a special edition msar, black rifle when they offered them to people on their list, started by PJS Steyr. To this day I still have no rifle and have only been handed excuses and no promise of compensation. The company msar has dropped the ball on customer service. It has frustrated me to the point that I may never again buy another microtech, let alone an msar product. It is too bad because I have been a fan of their SOCOM Knives for a long time and have bought a few. I have dealt with Robert Schleicher, Keith Adkins, and Dan Frazier. All with disappointing results. Keith Adkins seemed to be the only one concerned with rectifying their company's "oversite" of my account. The compensation was to be an extra left handed bolt. I am left handed and asked about this when I payed my down payment only to be told the msar would come as a right handed version. One excuse after another, one employee after another and still no customer service. I have already seen the 500th blk msar for sale already and wonder if I am even getting the product I invested in. By comparison, I invested in a Kriss-TDI Vector the 1st of March. My FFL Dealer tells me TDI called him and shipped our rifles the 28th of April. Customer Service is ALIVE, just not at msar.

FTW2012
May 02, 2008, 05:00
Welcome to the board, but this belongs in "Reviews"
That is where we post about happiness & sadness of dealings with members, dealers & outsiders

Sorry to hear about your poor experience trying to obtain your rifle

Bug Tussell
May 02, 2008, 07:53
MSAR's rifles workmanship, fit and finish is unparalleled. Unfortunately, Tony - the principal in the company, is a penis on two legs - he may prove to be the undoing of the company.

Savior 6
May 02, 2008, 09:18
Bug Tussell, I'm sure that when I get the rifle it will be the product I was hoping for. It just that it will always have that Bad Karma attached to it evrytime I pick it up.:(
FTW2012, Thanks for the heads up and sqauring me away. I'm an FNG to the forums.

Savior 6
July 11, 2008, 01:33
Bug Tussell, finally received the msar in June and had to send it back:( . The barrell I received was not the one I was expecting. I explained some of the details in a similar thread on microtalk.org under the title "Incompetent or Just Inconsiderate". After talking to Tony's wife, she put me in touch with Tim, the head of the "gunroom". He is very squared away and is very interested in both customer service and customer satisfaction. I finally received the rifle today in the form I was expecting. Tim has also agreed to send me some extra accessories as compensation:biggrin: . It took me almost a year to get this situation taken care of, but Tim has provided it with a good ending. I still have to take it to the range, but am sure all will go well.

FTW2012, sorry but I had to at least finish the thread. I'll make sure to put my range report in the appropriate place.;)

ftierson
July 11, 2008, 02:31
Thanks for the update, Savior...

Let us know how the rifle shakes out in the shooting test...

Forrest

FAL
July 11, 2008, 20:34
My MSAR STG 556 has been outstanding...in fact I had it out last weekend (again) and it was flawless. I have had zero issues with mine. I had to send mine back for their initial recall in the beginning and they paid for shipping both ways...Communication was quick and turn-around was less than a week for me. No issues here with msar.

Savior 6
July 13, 2008, 00:05
FAL, I wish I would have been as fortunate as you. Now that I have the rifle in "expected" condition I'm sure all be smooth sailing from here on.