PDA

View Full Version : Any EVO 9 users?

panzer
April 22, 2008, 18:18
About to get one a CQB evo 9 by AAC, going on a hi power.. any suggestions, tips? Impressions?

Artful
April 22, 2008, 23:17
stock up on subsonic ammo :devil:

panzer
May 12, 2008, 20:55
already started, forms are away, just waiting on a stamp so I can have it in hand....

Artful
May 13, 2008, 10:20
And you have a threaded barrel already broken in, right? ;)

panzer
May 13, 2008, 15:53
.... Does 400 rds count as broken in ;)

Actually the threaded barrel was a bit more accurate than the factory barrel and was closer to the sights than the stock barrel. Wierd, but good, but then again, its all point shooting with the suppressor...

Artful
May 13, 2008, 20:54
Actually if you keep both eye's open, focus the dominant eye on the sights and the non-dominant on the traget you can shoot very well - takes a bit of practice but works well. If you need too you may want to paint your sights so they will show up brightly against the background of the suppressor, then tape some black construction paper to the end of your empty browning so you can't see thru the sights and practice looking at a target and bringing up the gun so that the dominant eye is blocked by the paper so you see them sort of floating.

panzer
May 13, 2008, 21:11
Genius..... :bow:

Artful
May 13, 2008, 22:42
Experience :beer:

If your reloading 9mm subsonic's use plated (Berry's) 147's - cheaper than jacketed and never had a problem - (DON"T use cast on a suppressor you can't totally disassemble to clean! :uhoh: )

panzer
May 30, 2008, 18:38
Went to the range with the dealers the otherday, they brought out my "hostage" Can while I wait for the paper work, and I have to say it is pretty damned quiet. anyone that isn't into suppressors should be. We shot 10 inch uppered AR's FA mag dumps with No hearing protection. the Hi-power was NO HEARING protection. Amazing. cut down on rise and recoil too. I did end up shearing the lug on the cheap BHP threaded barrel I had. Need another one soon. Any Ideas?

Artful
May 30, 2008, 20:29
Jarvis
Bar-sto
come to mind
or cheapest is to send your factory barrel to Adco to have extender put on.

panzer
May 30, 2008, 20:41
Jarvis and barsto do not have any. Never heard of Adco before.... seems like the way to go.

Artful
June 07, 2008, 18:20
looks like their prices went up...
http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices_.cfm?page=shop

panzer
June 07, 2008, 18:33
Still cheaper than a new barrel.