PDA

View Full Version : LAZY EJECTION

A.G. WILSON
April 18, 2008, 10:59
Rem 700 SA, 308 Last round does not eject briskly...just kind of rolls out...maybe...sometimes it stays in the action and I have to reach in and get it.
What's up wid dat?

brownknees
April 18, 2008, 19:48
It sounds like the ejector spring is broken, or binding.
Is the button in the bolt face "springy" & standing out from the bolt face?

On anything but the last shell the next one coming up under the extracting case will flip it out, but no such "push" with the last round as the magazine follower sits lower.

leek
April 19, 2008, 16:04
Sounds to me you need a Mexican extractor. They may be undocumented , speak a non Remington language, and be small in stature, but they are not lazy.:wink:

panzer
April 19, 2008, 17:08
Have you ever seen one taller than 5'5?

But on topic, definately check that spring. Other cartridges below trying to get to the top will help the others escape, but the last little guy has no help and gives up...

A.G. WILSON
April 21, 2008, 07:54
Thanks for all the suggestions /answers. The ejector plunger is standing out from the bolt face and there is some resistance in the spring, still I'll look into a strong aftermarket spring or at least a OEM replacement.

brownknees
April 21, 2008, 17:02
One other thing you might want to check.
The extractor spring, and it's securing rivet.
If it isn't getting a good grip on the case rim then that might cause a similar problem too.
I had a tiny brass shaving weged down in there once & it caused all sorts of problems till I found & extracted it.