PDA

View Full Version : How much for used R1a1?

EngBob
April 08, 2008, 23:10
I have one that has been in my closet for a while. It has that damn unibrow, and does not feed on the right side. I tried to polish the ramp, but it didn't seem to help. At this point i just want rid of it. Any ideas of what i can get? It is used (not by me) has a few surface scratches, and the reciever only has the Century name on it (no Imbel, or Hesse)

vmtz
April 08, 2008, 23:12
Sounds like a CAI receiver. I would put it at 300 wholesale. 400 retail. That estimate is taking into account that it does not run.

Vince

njanear
July 15, 2008, 19:03
I have an early Century 'R1A1' that I bought years ago (mine is a 3-digit Century receiver SN - CA0045x - with Aussie parts) and FINALLY got it to the range this year. Come to find out that it wasn't feeding right either (hanging on one side, stuffing bullets into the ramp instead of up into the chamber, etc.), but it was way outside of the 'warranty'. Anyways, I ultimately discovered GGIILLIIEE's site:

http://community-1.webtv.net/@HH!02!D6!FD3D36A758A8/ggiilliiee/GGIILLIIEESRAIL/

followed it through, and today.... I put 20rds of NORINCO and 20rds SA downrange on a gas setting of 4 (it didn't like 5 - next project :D ). Anyways, now mine will feed with that little bit of work.

I just say this so that if you are just getting rid of it because of that, you now have another option to look at.

PS: I only used Norinco as I have a bunch on hand and it is berdan/steel. Next time, it will see some Port, UMC and more SA.... :biggrin:

MAINER
July 15, 2008, 19:16
If it is built on a decent Aussie or Brit L1A1 kit, try it in Marketplace for $500. It would be a challenge for the adventurous types. :wink: