PDA

View Full Version : Argentine FAL kits in Shotgun News

tz779
April 05, 2008, 20:50
FYI: April 14 issue of SN, Model "1" sales offers Argentine FAL parts kits for $325. wasn't there a company in Billerica Mass that made FALs with original Argentine parts before AWB? any good? Any comments on Model "1"? i still don't have my FAL!!

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 05, 2008, 22:29
I checked their website and couldn't find shyte about anything other than their ARs. $325 I hear is a bit sttep for an Argy kit anyway.

Then again, I was looking at those ones at Entreprise...:confused:

tz779
April 06, 2008, 08:16
Low Profile Member
Contributor

FALaholic # 10
April 06, 2008 12:01 Post #3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It'd be great IF they were really Argentine kits.............................they are not.

thanks, i still have a lot to learn :confused:
i found nothing in their website either and was considering a call, but though i better check here first!
-rob

ftierson
April 06, 2008, 17:33
Originally posted by D. Lehrman
It's not so much you that has a lot to learn, but the seller; they are borderline clueless about FAL patterns/origins.....and not that great at anything but (mostly) cheapie AR stuff. AR stuff is everywhere and theirs always has been a second tier operation (we used to call them bottom feeders). An observation on my part only, many of those enamored by the prospect of putting together the cheapest AR they can love em.

YMMV

I have to agree...

I'm pretty sure that the FAL kits that they're advertising as "Argentine" are actually Brazilian Imbel kits. Imbel did/does make decent rifles, but Argentine kits would be more valuable than Imbel ones in the same condition (mostly due to scarcity)...

Some people's command of geographical knowledge is pretty shallow (as in, is there a difference between Brazil and Argentina? Doh...). You'd hope that someone selling gun stuff would have a little more knowledge of gun stuff, but I'm not sure about Model 1 that way either...

Then again, this is just all my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like...

Forrest

J. Armstrong
April 06, 2008, 17:39
Originally posted by ftierson

Then again, this is just all my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like...

Forrest

Maybe, Forrest, but your opinions , along with Deans and about a dozen other guys, are the kind of opinions which have saved me bucks, improved my collection, and continually prove my early education (FAL) was lacking !!!

Your humilty is refreshing but hardly necessary in my book :D

Abominog
April 06, 2008, 19:43
I called them as soon as the ad hit SGN and they admitted they were Imbel; I posted such a warning in Marketplace.

tz779
April 06, 2008, 21:16
Originally posted by Abominog
I called them as soon as the ad hit SGN and they admitted they were Imbel; I posted such a warning in Marketplace.

ah, i searched the forum for "model one sales" model "1" sales, etc, but couldn't find the right combo. then i saw the same ad in en earlier SGN, how did i miss it? sorry i didn't see your warning....but "thanks for that". is the Imbel kit that bad? or just too $$ for what it is? also see my post of a Century receiver on a metric (Imbel?) kit. :uhoh:

ftierson
April 07, 2008, 02:01
Originally posted by tz779
is the Imbel kit that bad? or just too $$ for what it is?

The Imbel kits build up into nice rifles. If the Imbel kits that Model 1 Sales is currently advertising are in decent shape, they are probably worth the asking price...

And, Jim, thanks for the kind words...:)

Forrest

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 07, 2008, 15:37
How about those ones on Entreprise's ads? They are IMBELs too and at $350 (exc recond'd) they sound like a good deal.

Adirondack1
April 17, 2008, 00:47
Originally posted by Abominog

I knew you'd sniff out any deals on new kits! LOL

Got a question about some LB IZZY forends to ask you....
Do you know the thread pitch on the front screw Abominog?

dynohunter
April 21, 2008, 12:12
The thread pitch is 8-32.