PDA

View Full Version : Any lefty AUG or MSAR shooters out there?

SCHALLERJOHN
April 02, 2008, 20:16
I have always wanted one but shoot left handed. I just sold off some of my collection and may use the funds for a MSAR. How hard is it to get left handed bolts for an AUG or variant. What are your impresions of shooting/handling?

English Mike
April 02, 2008, 21:15
Oddly enough,I had my hands on a Steyr on Tuesday evening, albeit one neutered to "bolt action" to comply with our stupid laws.
I hate to admit it but the ugly bugger handles & points very well indeed, though the relationship between the cocking handle & optics rail could lead to some loss of skin. :eek: There is a modified lever available over here that lessens the chance of this happening.
Unfortunately, this was a RH version, so I can't comment on how it shoots for us lefties but I don't foresee any issues - cocking the action with my left hand whilst holding the foregrip with my right was easy & fast with the foregrip in either position.
Trigger was better than the standard FAL but felt a little mushy.

Bug Tussell
April 02, 2008, 21:53
Try ratworx.com for availabilty. You might want to see if they will sell you one setup for lefties.

I'm getting the impression the Mars rifles are getting hard to find...

dirtyrice
April 03, 2008, 18:03
Yeah I was also interested in them but would need a left hand bolt.

vmtz
April 03, 2008, 18:12
FS2000, no bolts to find, already set up.

Vince

K.O.A.M.
April 03, 2008, 20:20
Originally posted by vmtz
FS2000, no bolts to find, already set up.

Vince

Yeah, but people call you a poofter.

GWS
April 07, 2008, 08:10
Checking My stash I might have one to offer from an original Aug. Don't know for sure though. I'll post back if I find it

Bug Tussell
April 07, 2008, 11:47
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.

Yeah, but people call you a poofter.

He's the Queen of Poofters.