PDA

View Full Version : Who made the bolt?

FC-BEAVERS
March 30, 2008, 12:20
Buddy of mine bought a M1A at the gunshow last weekend and brought it to me to look over. Very nice gun all USGI parts but I cannot figure out who made the bolt. The markings Are as follows:

66118-TT

Can anyone identify the bolt for me? Is it commercial, USGI, Chicom? Thanks

LVMPDawg
March 30, 2008, 12:40
The second line is the cage code for Winchester. It's USGI.

wdjoe
March 30, 2008, 17:45
Like LVMPDawg said, second line means Winchester. First line is the USGI part number for the bolt.

wdjoe

voortrekker
March 30, 2008, 23:30
What did your friend pay for the M1A?

Curious.

Thanks. :)

FC-BEAVERS
March 31, 2008, 00:00
The funny thing about it is that he paid about the same price I did. Our rifles are pretty much the same.

I have a M14-SA LRB receiver built on all USGI Parts NM front and rear sights, Birch flame stock, Vented handguard, douglas barentt med weight barrel, and Fulton Armoury NM Flash Hider. (Bought from a member of the board)

Paid a grand total of $1800 for the rifle which might seem like a lot but if you figure $900 for the receiver and $700 for the kit and factor in the build cost and I couldnt build the rifle I have for much less.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His rifle is the same except he has a walnut stock, regular handguard, USGI flash hider, and im not shure what barrel it had. All for $1795.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea it sounds like a lot of money but if you get exactly what you want then the amount of money you paid for it seems insignificant.