PDA

View Full Version : C1 kit

Pete Marinari
March 25, 2008, 19:14
Hello out there,

I am trying to find out value of a C1 kit. Beautiful condition. Very nice wood on buttstock, pistol grip and bipod. Metal looks to be very good to excellent. No re-finish necessary. It needs all internal lower parts including trigger and guard and it needs gas tube/piston assembly parts. Front sight and gas block are present. Diopter 1000 yd. rear sight. Heavy barrel bore is shiny and strong. Ball park value, please.

Thank you,
Pete

1811GNR
March 25, 2008, 22:58
Probably lotsa $. Got pics? Will help to determine value.

Pete Marinari
March 26, 2008, 08:44
Hello,

I do not have a photo. At least not yet. You say "lotsa $". How about a guesstimate based on the information above? I will try to get a photo later on.

Thank you,
Pete

Brian in MN
March 26, 2008, 09:22
That is a C2 kit, not a C1.

Falcon
March 26, 2008, 09:23
Pete, The HB's alone have sold here for $800. and up a few years ago.

Here's a C2A1 pictured below:

Falcon
March 26, 2008, 09:36
Is this the kit?

Pete Marinari
March 26, 2008, 09:50
hello Falcon,

Yes, that is the kit. I am sorry that I stated 'C1' but I was just writing what the seller stated. I know it is a '2' or at least I should know. I have an Australian L2.

Thank you,
Pete

eagle54
March 26, 2008, 16:24
I had a email conversation with the seller and he said the barrel has Aussie markings .. and it is a Aussie kit .. L2A1 ..

But The pic shows a New Zeland buttstock .

Pete , you could ask him to send you pics of the barrel markings and what is stamped on the Bolt carrier assy . that would help verifiy what it actually is..

Eagle54
Dennis

Pete Marinari
March 26, 2008, 17:40
Eagle54,

What would be the value of the kit if it was Australian? How about if it is Canadian? How about mixed with a dash of New Zealand?

Thank you,
Pete

chrsdwns
March 26, 2008, 22:25
The value would be in the 1750 -2300 range depending upon condition

texastac
April 04, 2008, 18:57
Howdy
I purchased that kit for $1295, barrel is band new, sight ear screw are not original, lower is excellent with no serials, bipod is very good to excellent, bipod pin or axle is homemade, barrel is marked with flags stamp, bolt and carrier are good condition aussie with serial engraving on carrier all and all I think I got a good deal, can any one tell me about the stock and the hole cut out
Thanks

andresere
April 04, 2008, 19:58
I believe the circular cut out in the buttstock was used for either a rack number disc or an armorer's disc similar to those on Enfields (IIRC). I may be wrong, but the armorer's disc had readings about the particular rifle on it (TE, ME, etc).