PDA

View Full Version : Austrian combo tool functions

jaygee
March 24, 2008, 12:46
OKay trivia nuts.....what are the various functions possible on the metric
STG58 combo tool ?? I've heard that there were seven different things
available to do with this puppy; anyone care to elaborate?? Thanks!

Mosin Guy
March 24, 2008, 13:25
The search button is your friend http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22048&highlight=StG58%2A

jaygee
March 24, 2008, 14:21
Awesome if yer into inch FALs .....but this is Austrian NOT Austrailian ! thanks.

Mosin Guy
March 24, 2008, 14:40
Ok Sorry about the first link,try this one http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38610&highlight=steyr+wrench

jaygee
March 24, 2008, 15:11
Now were talkin' !! Thanks a ton, and nown it's time to put that critter to
the test. That little cleaning kit from DSA is just too kewl ! :beer:

Abominog
March 24, 2008, 15:20
Once upon a time, I posted a diagram that showed what all the notches & thingies do. It doesn't come up in the link above....maybe somebody has time to do a proper search. Not sure if it's in R&D or not.

Arby
March 24, 2008, 15:41
Originally posted by Abominog
Once upon a time, I posted a diagram that showed what all the notches & thingies do. It doesn't come up in the link above....maybe somebody has time to do a proper search. Not sure if it's in R&D or not.

IIRC, your pic was on the OLD BOARD!

It was from your post on the old board that I found out what were the intended functions of that arcane looking piece of stamped steel.

A belated "thanks for the info", Abominog :biggrin:

Radio
March 24, 2008, 16:47
Too bad that all those archives are LONG gone. Remember Orca's barrel shoulder shaver??

--Radio

Arby
March 24, 2008, 20:07
Originally posted by Radio
Too bad that all those archives are LONG gone. Remember Orca's barrel shoulder shaver??

--Radio

I do believe I still have a printout of that one. Two ignition files coupled together by springs, wasn't it? Orca had some great ways of doing WECSOG-type smithin' on the cheap. He was the first person I remember experimenting with trigger springs for Stgs (remember when most of the kits were Stgs?) and making those springs available to members for a nominal price.

Radio
March 24, 2008, 23:01
For the FAL Files archives... from my own.