PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Caliber AUG's?

K.O.A.M.
March 22, 2008, 13:48
Who knows what about the supposed pistol caliber AUG clones coming out that will take Glock magazines?

I'm interested.

Artful
March 22, 2008, 14:57
per this 22LR and 45 w/ glock mag's to be forthcoming

http://www.tpdusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

Aug already had conversion to 9mm covered

Bug Tussell
March 22, 2008, 21:14
MSAR was showing theirs at SHOT. Glock mags with either standalone pistol caliber carbines or conversion kits.

MSAR has it nailed. :aug:

K.O.A.M.
March 23, 2008, 07:23
Originally posted by Bug Tussell
MSAR was showing theirs at SHOT. Glock mags with either standalone pistol caliber carbines or conversion kits.

MSAR has it nailed. :aug:

Any kind of price on the standalone carbines? Any chance of a .357 Sig one?

Bug Tussell
March 23, 2008, 08:54
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.

Any kind of price on the standalone carbines? Any chance of a .357 Sig one?

IIRC, 9mm, 40/10mm, .45. - don't remember on the .357sig.
I had a retail price on the standalone carbine but forgot what it is... perhaps a suitable inquiry to www.msarinc.com will satisfy your curiousity?

FYI they have select fire LE and Mil models as well.

K.O.A.M.
March 23, 2008, 10:05
Their inquiries page came up to a "link not found".

I'm sure if it was close, it'd be all over their website.

Andy the Aussie
March 23, 2008, 17:10
I had the opportunity waaaaaaaay back when to put several hundred rounds out of a Steyr factory 9mm. It was a really really neat toy (they were considering it as a replacement for the MP-5s then in use with the SASR. I did not see the utility of it in 9mm for the military. Now I can see it's use with Police etc in the more potent pistol rounds..... 357SIG would be an interesting mate to a like calibre sidearm..!!

Bug Tussell
March 27, 2008, 12:47
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.
Their inquiries page came up to a "link not found".

I'm sure if it was close, it'd be all over their website.

Check this out:

http://www.ratworxusa.com/

Bug Tussell
March 27, 2008, 12:48
Originally posted by Andy the Aussie
I had the opportunity waaaaaaaay back when to put several hundred rounds out of a Steyr factory 9mm. It was a really really neat toy (they were considering it as a replacement for the MP-5s then in use with the SASR. I did not see the utility of it in 9mm for the military. Now I can see it's use with Police etc in the more potent pistol rounds..... 357SIG would be an interesting mate to a like calibre sidearm..!!

I fired the .357 Sig in a glock. Nice little kick to it.

K.O.A.M.
March 27, 2008, 13:18
Thanks for the hookup, Bugs. I sent him an email so hopefully he'll get back to me soon.

I shoot .357 Sig for work-if they made them, a lot of people here would be interested. It's got the velocity that I think would work well out of a longer barrel.

K.O.A.M.
April 02, 2008, 18:09
I just heard from Ratworx. They plan to roll out the pistol calibers in August-MSRP is $1000 for no optics, $1400 with optics. They're planning on doing one in .357 Sig.

I'll be saving my pennies for that one.

tulsamal
April 18, 2008, 15:30
.357 SIG would be nice. 10mm would be even better!

Gregg